I have been having an issue with a particular user over the past year accessing my plex server. I have don’t some research, tried a million ways to find a solution but I have not been able to find one. I am hoping someone hear can help me. I will try to be as detailed as possible.
Exclusively available to cord-cutters who pay Comcast for broadband but not TV, Xfinity Flex consists of a 4K-capable set-top box and a competent, voice-activated, RF remote control to serve up. What is Xfinity Flex? Xfinity Flex is a free 4K streaming device and streaming service available to Xfinity internet-only customers. Unlike most cable, satellite, and streaming TV services, Flex doesn’t require subscribing to a channel package. Access to Disney+, Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu and YouTube on Xfinity requires an eligible set-top box with Xfinity TV and Internet service. Disney+, Netflix streaming, Amazon Prime Video and Hulu membership required. Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu and YouTube use your Internet service and will count against any Xfinity data plan.
ISSUE: One plex user out my 15 can not connect to the plex server.
DETAILS: I have 14 outside the network users. All can connect but one user. All users are using the Xfinity Modem (up do date). The user that can not connect has had the modem replaced 3 times in search of fixing this issue. The user that can not connect lives right next door to me. The other users are within a block, or blocks of my server (a few further out in my city in a 10 mile radius). We all have the same hardware. The user that is not able to connect (via TV - wireless) simply keep getting ‘can not connect to server’ error. We also tried connecting via ethernet (not over the xfinity’s modems wifi) and had the same error. Another note is that if we log in with a laptop, we CAN connect BUT its with an ‘indirect’ connection, which is slow and lagging (but does connect).
TRIED: I have set up port forward, static IP, disabled secure connections, and all though everything still works for all other users, the user in question devices still won’t connect.
THOUGHTS: It seem the user that can not connect has some sort of firewall, or there xfinity modem is blocking or not allowing a secure connection to go through. I am unsure why this would be different since all the other users in the same vicinity, and with the same hardware are not experiencing this issue. Again, we have replaced the xfinity modem at least 3 times, and xfinity has tired to help us, but say it is not them (I beg to differ).
I would be happy to provide any further information if needed, screenshots, and anything else that might have you, or someone help my trouble shoot this issue.
Xfinity Flex Plex App
Thanks in advance…
We want every customer interaction with us to be convenient, fast and easy. Each month this series will highlight an Xfinity service or feature that helps you get more value out of your Xfinity products.
Eve online for beginners 2019. Xfinity Flex leverages Xfinity X1 technology to deliver a truly differentiated platform and add incredible value for streaming-first Internet customers.
Xfinity Flex App Store
Interested in learning more? Here’s what you need to know about Xfinity Flex:
1. It’s included with your Xfinity Internet – With Xfinity Flex, you can easily access the streaming content you love, as well as manage your connected home devices, all in one place – your TV! You’re eligible for Xfinity Flex if you have an Internet-only subscription.
2. It’s free! An Xfinity Flex box is included, along with the Xfinity Voice remote, as part of your Xfinity Internet-only subscription. Each additional box is just $5/month.
3. It’s easy to get it up and running –Just plug in your Xfinity Flex box to a TV with an HDMI port, connect to your Xfinity Internet, and start streaming from your customized dashboard in minutes.
4. You can use your voice to search for content – Our award-winning Xfinity Voice Remote is included with Xfinity Flex making your content so much easier to find.
5. You can access your streaming apps from one place – Xfinity Flex allows you to access content from all your streaming subscriptions like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, HBO, Showtime and more – all without switching apps or TV inputs.
6. You get thousands of free movies and shows – Xfinity Flex lets you stream more than 10,000 free movies and shows from apps like Pluto, Xumo, and Tubi.
7. You can also access your music, news and weather apps – Pandora, iHeartRadio, Amazon Music, XITE, NPR One, and Cheddar News are also on Xfinity Flex.
8. Other Xfinity features are available – If you have an xFi Gateway, you can use Xfinity Flex to find your Wi-Fi password, see what devices are connected to your network, set parental controls, and even pause Wi-Fi access on your home network.
9. We’re always here to help! If you ever have any issues, we’ve got your back with 24/7 support and easy online troubleshooting.