Since XAMPP 5.5.30 and 5.6.14, XAMPP ships MariaDB instead of MySQL. The commands and tools are the same for both. Ms.iq says: 2016-09-27 at 12:42. You cannot replace MariaDB by MySQL, this is not supported by Xampp (you may try it of course, but you wont get any support). Instead step back to an older Xampp which delivers MySQL (i dont know which was the last Xampp with MySQL, but you should find it on sourceforge).
XAMPP - Replacing MariaDB with MySQL ¶ As of XAMPP 5.5.30 and 5.6.14, XAMPP ships MariaDB instead of MySQL. MariaDB is not 100% compatible with MySQL and can be replaced with the “orginal” MySQL. For upgrading from very old MySQL versions, see Upgrading to MariaDB from MySQL 5.0 (or older version). Within the same base version (for example MySQL 5.5 - MariaDB 5.5, MySQL 5.6 - MariaDB 10.0 and MySQL 5.7 - MariaDB 10.2) you can in most cases just uninstall MySQL and install MariaDB and you are good to go. There is no need to dump. Noinstall package for MariaDB (such as XAMPP, formerly known as LAMP) At present, I am using MySQL through XAMPP. Vitra meda task chair. As you are aware, I am sure, that XAMPP doesn't.
13 Aug 2017
There is a new blog post about moving from MariaDB to MySQL 8.
The latest version of XAMPP contains MariaDB instead of MySQL.
But MariaDB is not 100% compatible with MySQL and can be replaced with the “orginal” MySQL server.
- XAMPP for Windows
- The latest Visual C++ Redistributable Packages,
- Administrator privileges to restart Windows services
- Backup the old database into a SQL dump file
- Stop the MariaDB service
- Rename the folder:
- Download MySQL Community Server: https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/
Looking for the latest GA version?
- Select Version: 5.7.25
- Select Operating System: Microsoft Windows
- Select OS Version: Windows (x86, 32-bit)
- Scroll down to
ZIP Archiveand click Download.
- Create a new and empty folder:
- Create a new file:
c:xamppmysqlbinmy.iniand copy this content:
Initializing the data directory
Copy the old
Start the MySQL server. You can use the XAMPP Control Panel (MySQL > Start) to start the MySQL service.
Repair all corrupted tables in the
c:xamppmysqldatadirectory. Press ENTER if your password is empty.
Using Xampp Mysql
Update structure to latest version:
Xampp Mysql Tutorial
Restart the MySQL service, after the
mysql_upgrade.exe command, otherwise there might be errors.
Check the tables for errors:
Notice: If you don’t want to copy and migrate the old
data directory, you can create a fresh directory with this command:
Xampp Replace Mariadb With Mysql Database
- I can’t start or stop MySQL using the XAMPP control panel button
- The XAMPP control panel is crashing while shutting down
- Make sure you have installed the 32-bit version of MySQL. The MySQL 64-bit version is not compatible with the XAMPP Control Panel (32-bit).
- This setup is not tested with MySQL 8.x.
- MySQL 8.x is only available as 64-bit version
- Try to fix the directory permissions with this batch script
Xampp Apache Mariadb Php Perl
- How to fix:
The code execution cannot proceed because msvcr120.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.?
- The file MSVCR120.dll should be part of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package