- Download Latest Version xampp-windows-x64-7.4.16-0-VC15-installer.exe (163.6 MB) Get Updates Get project updates, sponsored content from our select partners, and more.
- XAMPP for Windows makes setting up a local test server on your computer relatively easy. It provides the (W)AMP stack - Apache, MySQL, and PHP. It also includes PHPMyAdmin which is very useful for dealing with your MySQL databases. The following instructions describe XAMPP configuration in some detail. A quickstart guide for installing Drupal and XAMPP on Windows is also available.
XAMPP is a completely free, easy to install Apache distribution containing MariaDB, PHP, and Perl. The XAMPP open source package has been set up to be incredibly easy to install and to use. Click here for other versions. XAMPP for Windows 8.0.5 (PHP 8.0.5) XAMPP for Linux 8.0.5 (PHP 8.0.5).
Localhost/xampp is a localhost xampp server folder address. You can access to server from http://localhost/xampp/ url address.
What is xampp?It is an apache distribution that allows developers to easily create a local web server for projects they are working on. Xampp, every word has a meaning. X: cross-platform, A: apache, M: mysql, P: php, and the last letter P stands for perl. The reason we are able to create the web server easily above is that we provide all the components necessary for a web server in a package. Let's not forget the friends who ask what is the cross platform. Cross platform; Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems.
What are the basic components that should be used in Xampp?
- PHP: Php Hypertext Preprocessor is the initials of the words. Superior text means preprocessor. It is a server-side script written by sites like Facebook, WordPress, Wikipedia, Travian. Not to mention that it is a popular language among web developers.
- MySQL: If you are developing a dynamic web application, then you need a database to hold your data. This is where the MySQL database comes in. MySQL is both open source and works well with php.
- APACHE: Web server application. Open source code. Apache and microsoft web server are two big companies competing in the industry. Netcraft's range is the second most widely used web server in the 2016 web server survey with 45% share of microsoft's leadership and apache with 20% usage.
- PHPMyAdmin is an open source tool written in PHP. We provide the administration of the MySQL database through this tool. We can create a new database or delete an existing database, edit tables, import files with .sql extensions, and run sql queries. In general, I have written these in terms of giving information but there are many more functions.
- PERL: Although Perl is not a very popular language for web development, it is a powerful, high-level dynamic programming language that can be used extensively for text manipulation and image definition.
In addition to the components mentioned above, you can also use components like FileZilla FTP Server, Mercury Mail Server, Tomcat and Webalizer.
How to Install XamppFirst we download the xampp software, which is compatible with the operating system you are using, at https://www.apachefriends.org/download.html. We complete the installation as in the following sequence.
|Web Browser:||Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1)|
Local Hosting Server File Location & Connection Ports
localhost:631 ⟷ localhost:4000 ⟷ localhost:5557 ⟷ localhost:11501 ⟷ localhost:3010 ⟷ localhost:3306
Acronis free edition free. Folders:
localhost/wordpress ⟷ localhost/wordpress/wp-admin ⟷ http://localhost/mysql
Setup a development environment with free and open source web server solution stack (XAMPP) and Database management software (phpMyAdmin)
XAMPP and phpMyAdmin as localhost provides a local server for developers to test and build web apps. XAMPP is a local server that is installed on personal computers/laptops. It provides a local environment to create, run, and test PHP applications before deploying them on live servers.
We will cover following sections in this blog post:
XAMPP is free and open source web server solution stack. It contains Apache, MySQL, MariaDB, PHP, and Perl. XAMPP is available for Windows operating systems. It is extremely easy to install and use. That’s why it’s the most popular PHP development environment. XAMPP and phpMyAdmin as localhost provides a complete environment for web app development and testing.
Alphabets in XAMPP stand for:
- X — cross-platform (supports multiple operating systems including Linux, Windows and Mac OS)
- A — Apache HTTP Server
- M — MariaDB (Database)
- P — PHP
- P — PERL
- Download XAMPP from here.
- Install the executable file.
- Then click “Next”.
- Choose the components you want to install.
- For most web apps you only need Apache, MySQL, PHP, and phpMyAdmin.
- Select the installation directory where you want to install XAMPP.
- You will be shown a windows security alert. You must check the following option: “Private networks, such as my home or work network”.
- Finally click on “Finish” to complete installation.
- After successful installation, open XAMPP control panel.
- Start “Apache” and “MySQL” services.
To access phpMyAdmin dashboard, click on “Admin” button next to MySQL service. You can also access phpMyAdmin by visiting http://localhost/phpmyadmin from your browser. Here you can create databases. Follow these steps to create a new database.
- From dashboard, click on “Databases” tab.
- Enter database name and click on “Create” button. This will simply create a new empty database.
- Next you can create tables by selecting the newly created database.
- Enter table name under “Create Table”.
- Select number of columns.
- Then click on “Go” button.
- After that you need to fill the form on next page to finish creating table.
XAMPP installation is simple and straight forward. It takes no more than 15 minutes to the setup XAMPP server. Once it’s installed, developers can build and test their PHP based web apps even without an internet connection. Instead of testing projects directly on a live web server, it’s simple and time-saving to test them locally. It’s a great platform for beginners to learn, test, and polish their PHP, Perl, and database skills.