- Fans of vehicular combat and vehicular components of combat games like Battlefield will eat this right up. In War Thunder, a free to play cross-platform title, the players are given access to numerous war vehicles, mainly emphasizing those found in the World War II era. You can either engage enemies in Arcade mode or Realistic mode.
- War Thunder is the most comprehensive free-to-play MMO military game dedicated to aviation, armoured vehicles, and naval craft from World War II and the Cold War. Join now and take part in major battles on land, in the air, and at sea, fighting with millions of players from.
'War Thunder' (ALL) Being Used By Director Of 'V2. Escape from Hell' Movie
Skim the surface. Picture from War Thunder’s Official Website. Cross-platform play on Windows, macOS, Linux, PS4, and Xbox One. This Rocket League-meets-Call of Duty game is another one of the best cross-platform games you can play with your friends. The best part of it all is that this high-quality game is free to play.
by Rainier on March 25, 2020 @ 8:32 a.m. PDT
In War Thunder, you can take part in major battles on land, in the air, and at sea, fighting with real players from all over the world in a continuously developing environment.
You can feel the unmatched intensity of aerial dogfights in a fighter, the decisive power of commanding a heavy strategic bomber or the heat of battle in a ground attacker, delivering precision strikes against your enemies. Alternatively, you can join the spearhead of armored vehicles, fighting for dominance over the battlefield on the ground: Man a heavy tank with impressive armor and firepower, use the maneuverability of a medium or light tank to your advantage, or support your team by screening the skies with your anti aircraft vehicle - the choice is yours!
In the future, the game will also allow players to ‘set sail’ by commanding a variety of warships in the fight over the control of the world’s oceans, giving the game a truly epic scale.
Master your vehicles through both upgrades and personal experience in an environment that is constantly expanding and rewarding the personal skill of the player. Organize your efforts in one of the countless player squadrons and become an ace pilot or tanker - or both! Our thriving and welcoming community of millions of players is also actively participating in the game’s ongoing development, offering custom content through War Thunder Live, such as skins, missions and even vehicles.
War Thunder has something for everyone. Play cooperative games with your friends on Windows PC, Linux, Mac or PS4 against AI, or squad up for a PvP battle in a difficulty setting matching your play style, ranging from Arcade to Simulator using Mouse and Keyboard, Gamepad or Joystick.
War Thunder is being used by director Timur Bekmambetov (‘Searching’, ‘Unfriended’, ‘Wanted’) in his upcoming World War 2 film V2. Escape from Hell'.
It is based on the life of Mikhail Devyatayev, a Soviet fighter pilot who escaped from a concentration camp in a hijacked Nazi military aircraft. Bekmambetov is utilizing technology to safely continue the film’s production during the COVID-19 pandemic which includes filming a full air battle scene using War Thunder’s realistic gameplay.
Using War Thunder, the full air battle scene had leading actor Pavel Priluchny ('Silver Spoon') piloting a Bell P-39 Airacobra fighter plane while sitting in a replica of a real cockpit specifically built for the film. The scene involved experienced War Thunder virtual pilots and content makers who played with Priluchny. The shooting was set up remotely amid coronavirus concerns: the crew was located in Lenfilm studio in St. Petersburg while the director was running the process from Kazan.
“V2. Escape from Hell will be the first movie about World War II designed for GenZ. It will be the first vertical format blockbuster to be released for smartphone viewing. So we would like to narrate this story using modern and high-tech visual means. Shooting inside a computer game will add entertainment to the project and fully immerse the viewer in what is happening on the screen – an experience that today's gamers get from Russian-made computer games with their high realism and attention to detail,” the project director Timur Bekmambetov said.
The pilots and the actor played out several dozens of gameplay sessions with no starting conditions based on the film scenario. Also the best War Thunder pilots, participants of the international aerobatic festivals, played out several other air battle scenarios using flight simulation joysticks and VR devices. Gaijin Entertainment provided the full replays with all the flight and other technical data to the CG production team of the Bazelevs studio. The best moments will be used by the director to stage the air battle scenes, while the CG specialists will use the flight data to model graphics and special effects.
“We are pleased that the realistic air battle simulation is sought after not only by gamers, but also by movie makers,” commented Anton Yudintsev, CEO and co-founder of Gaijin Entertainment, creator of War Thunder.
V2. Escape from Hell (co-production of Bazelevs, Voenfilm and MTS) will be released in 2021. The movie plot is based on the real life story of Mikhail Devyataev, a Soviet pilot and war hero who managed to escape from a Nazi concentration camp in a captured He 111 bomber aircraft and went on to tell the Soviet command about a secret V2 rocket testing range on an island in the Baltic sea.
Key Features :
- An entire arsenal at your command - Over 500 highly detailed aircraft, tanks, and other combat vehicles crafted carefully from historical documents and surviving sources.
- Right into the heat of battle - Intense PvP experiences in full-scale combat missions on various difficulty settings for all play styles and degrees of experience.
- A single bullet can make a difference - A realistic damage system for aircraft and ground vehicles involving individual component durability instead of an overall health bar.
- The true free to play experience - Download and play the game for free as much and as long as you like it. Support the ongoing development entirely at your own leisure.
- Crossing the platform border - Seamless cross-platform gameplay between Windows PC, Linux, Mac and PS4 (more to come) with tens of thousands of players from all over the globe online at the same time.
- Play together with your friends - Rich PvE content including historical and dynamic campaigns, solo missions, a mission editor and much more for single-player and cooperative gameplay.
- Challenge the best of the best - Ever expanding tournament and clan battle systems, including ELO-based ranked matches as well as professionally organized events involving hundreds of players.
- Theatrical beauty - Astonishing graphics, authentic sound effects and beautiful music creating an atmosphere to fully immerse yourself in.
- Take matters in your own hands - Create custom content for War Thunder and share it on War Thunder Live, with the prospect of earning real money through the Revenue Share Partner System!
- But wait, there is more! - Ever expanding and evolving environment, offering new and exciting content and features with every regular major update.
More articles about War Thunder
Cross Platform Mcgraw-hill
Ps4 And Xbox Cross Platform
- First person
- Virtual Reality