Substitute 'T' from the value with a space. Take only left part of value for 19 characters that make up the relevant date and time Deduct 7 hours using 7/24 from the time as PDT = UTC - 7 hours =LEFT (SUBSTITUTE (A2,'T',' '),19) - 7/24. There is only one Unix time and it is created by using the UTC/GMT time zone. This means you might have convert time zones to calculate timestamps. Most programming languages have libraries to help you converting time zones, calculating by hand might not be a good idea because of the variety of time zones en daylight saving times.
- Converts local time to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), or UTC to local time. The function uses the daylight savings settings in the executing computer to compute daylight savings time, if required. Local2Utc: Converts local time to UTC time. Utc2Local: Converts UTC time to local time.
- Universal Time and Pacific Daylight Time Converter Calculator, UTC and PDT Conversion Table.
- Greenwich Mean Time and Pacific Daylight Time Converter Calculator, GMT and PDT Conversion Table.
|Pacific Time Zone|
|00:45, 7 May 2021 PST[refresh]|
01:45, 7 May 2021 PDT[refresh]
|Observance of DST|
|DST is observed throughout this time zone.|
The Pacific Time Zone (PT) is a time zone encompassing parts of western Canada, the western United States, and western Mexico. Places in this zone observe standard time by subtracting eight hours from Coordinated Universal Time (UTC−08:00). During daylight saving time, a time offset of UTC−07:00 is used.
In the United States and Canada, this time zone is generically called the Pacific Time Zone. Specifically, time in this zone is referred to as Pacific Standard Time (PST) when standard time is being observed (early November to mid-March), and Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) when daylight saving time (mid-March to early November) is being observed. In Mexico, the corresponding time zone is known as the Zona Noroeste (Northwest Zone) and observes the same daylight saving schedule as the U.S. and Canada. The largest city in the Pacific Time Zone is Los Angeles, whose metropolitan area is also the largest in the time zone.
The zone is two hours ahead of the Hawaii–Aleutian Time Zone, one hour ahead of the Alaska Time Zone, one hour behind the Mountain Time Zone,[a] two hours behind the Central Time Zone, three hours behind the Eastern Time Zone, and four hours behind the Atlantic Time Zone.
One Canadian province and one territory are split between the Pacific Time Zone and the Mountain Time Zone:
- British Columbia – all, except for the Highway 95 corridor (including Golden and Creston) in the southeast, and Tumbler Ridge, Fort St. John, and Dawson Creek in the northeast
- Northwest Territories – Tungsten
As of September 24, 2020, Yukon officially switched from the Pacific Time Zone to 'to be reckoned as seven hours behind Coordinated Universal Time (UTC−7)' due to no longer following daylight savings.
In Mexico, the Zona Noroeste, which corresponds to Pacific Time in the United States and Canada, includes: Hyken mesh office chair.
Two states are fully contained in the Pacific Time Zone:
Three states are split between the Pacific Time Zone and the Mountain Time Zone:
- Idaho – Idaho Panhandle
- Nevada – all, except for West Wendover and, unofficially, several towns along the Idaho border
- Oregon – all, except for the majority of Malheur County
One state is split between the Pacific Time Zone, the Alaska Time Zone, and the Hawaii–Aleutian Time Zone:
- Alaska – Hyder
Through 2006, the local time (PST, UTC−08:00) changed to daylight time (PDT, UTC−07:00) at 02:00 LST (local standard time) to 03:00 LDT (local daylight time) on the first Sunday in April, and returned at 02:00 LDT to 01:00 LST on the last Sunday in October.
Effective in the U.S. in 2007 as a result of the Energy Policy Act of 2005, the local time changes from PST to PDT at 02:00 LST to 03:00 LDT on the second Sunday in March and the time returns at 02:00 LDT to 01:00 LST on the first Sunday in November. The Canadian provinces and territories that use daylight time each adopted these dates between October 2005 and February 2007. In Mexico, beginning in 2010, the portion of the country in this time zone uses the extended dates, as do some other parts. The vast majority of Mexico, however, still uses the old dates.
- ^While the state of Arizona lies entirely within in the Mountain Time Zone, daylight saving time is only observed within the Navajo Nation; as a result, Arizona is aligned with the Pacific Time Zone from mid-March to early November.
- ^'Inside Cantung, the mine that keeps on giving'. Yukon News. March 8, 2013. Archived from the original on October 16, 2014. Retrieved June 21, 2019.
Time zones in North America
|Time zone||Hours from UTC: Standard time||Hours from UTC: Daylight saving time|
|Hawaii–Aleutian (in Hawaii)||−10||−10|
|Hawaii–Aleutian (parts of Alaska)||−10||−9|
|Pacific (parts of Alaska)||−8||−8|
|Pacific (other states/provinces)||−8||−7|
|Mountain (Arizona, Sonora, Yukon, and Northeastern British Columbia only)||−7||−7|
|Mountain (other states/provinces)||−7||−6|
|Central (other states/provinces)||−6||−5|
|Eastern (parts of Nunavut, Ontario, and the Caribbean)||−5||−5|
|Eastern (other states/provinces)||−5||−4|
|Atlantic (Natashquan River)||−4||−4|
|Atlantic (other states/provinces)||−4||−3|
|Saint Pierre and Miquelon|
and most of Greenland
How to quickly convert UTC/GMT time to local time?
If you are working in an international company, you may need to know and deal with different local times of multiple zones. And to get the different local times, you need to use UTC/GMT time. Here this tutorial can tell you how to calculate the local time based on the UTC/GMT time in Excel.
UTC—Coordinated Universal Time
GMT -- Greenwich Mean Time
Convert UTC/GMT time to local time with Kutools for Excel
Convert UTC/GMT time to local time with formulas
Supposing there is a city—Tokyo whose local time is ahead 9 hours to GMT time, and you can convert the GMT time to its local time by following these steps：
1. Select a blank cell and enter the current GMT time into it, here take A2 for instances. To get the current GMT, you can take reference from this http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
2. Select a blank cell and enter one formula of below, and press Enter to get the local time. See screenshot:
=A2 + TIME(9,0,0)
=A2 + (9 / 24)
(1) In above formulas, 9 is the number of hours the local time ahead to GMT, and you can change it as you need, if the local time is backward to the GMT, you just can change the plus sign + to minus sign -.
See All Results For This Question
(2) The formula =A2 + (9 / 24) will return a decimal number. For converting the decimal number to time, please select the decimal number, and click Home > Number Format > Time.
Convert UTC/GMT time to local time with Kutools for Excel
There is a handy tool – Formula Helper in Kutools for Excel, which includes multiple useful and powerful functions can help you do some complex calculation. And to convert GMT/UTC to local time, the Add hours to date of Formulas can do you a favor.
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Enter the GMT time into a blank cell, A2 for instance, and select a blank cell, B2, which will get the local time you want. See screenshot:
See Full List On Utctime.net
2. Click Kutools > Formula Helper > Formula Helper, then in the popping Formulas Helper dialog, select Add hours to date from the Choose a formula list, and in Arguments input section, select the GMT time to Date Time textbox, and enter the time difference between local time and GMT time in to Number textbox. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok, and the local time has been gotten. See screenshot:
Convert GMT to Local Time
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails..
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range..
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns.. Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges..
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select..
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more..
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments..
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic..
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF..
- More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel 2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features 30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
Utc To Pdt Time
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.Oh boy.. Where do I start? Maybe simply by pointing out ..
A) local time in many cases is not a simple offset throughout the whole year. ( DST, Daylight saving time )
B) the local time definition may change from one year to the next due to political changes.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.When UTC time is entered as a series of numbers (for example '1258119969'), you can use this formula to convert it to CST - [b]=(((D:D/60)/60)/24)+DATE(1970,1,1)-TIME(6,0,0)[/b] (where D equals the cell with the UTC time in it).
1258119969 11/13/09 7:46 AM
You can adjust for the time zone that you are in by changing the number is the TIME section. I have it set for CST so six hours are subtracted from the formula (GMT).
I don't know if Kutools has a better way of doing this or not.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.When UTC time is presented as a series of numbers (like this '1258119969' for example), use this formula - =(((D:D/60)/60)/24)+DATE(1970,1,1)-TIME(6,0,0) (where D equals the cell with the UTC time in it). Depending on what time zone you are in, you would adjust the TIME number. This example is for CST, so six hours was subtracted from the GMT formula.
1258119969 11/13/09 7:46 AM
I don't know if Kutools has a better way to do this or not.