|Return to NIST Internet Time Service Page|
NOTICE: NIST has established a mailing list (Google Group) to inform users of status changes of the Internet Time Service.
If you wish to subscribe to this list, please send your name and email address to: [email protected]
There are actually two main components to the Universal Coordinated Time standard. Those are the International Atomic Time and Universal Time. TAI or International Atomic Time is a scale that helps determine the speed at which clocks should tick. It is found by combining the time of more than 200 atomic clocks located worldwide. In other words, it's pretty accurate. UT1 or Universal Time is determined by the Earth's rotation. How and when to set Windows logging to UTC time As networks become more distributed and cloud-based, you should consider changing servers to UTC time to ensure proper syncing.
Oct 30, 2020 UTC time is the standardized time used by most computers and servers around the world. On some level, any time your server does anything at a specific time or on a schedule, you’re using UTC time. Here’s a few examples: Scheduling a sale; Scheduling a blog post; Charging someone’s monthly subscription order; Sending out follow up emails; UTC Offset. UTC is universal. For example, if my New York, USA server and my server in Sydney, Australia should have the exact same UTC time. In the settings, you may be allowed to pick which NTP server the time comes from. NIST operates several stratum-1 network time servers, which means their time is directly linked to UTC (NIST), the official NIST time. Here are the server names, locations, and IP addresses and current status.
The table below lists the time servers used by the NIST Internet Time Service (ITS). The table lists each server's name, IP address, and location, organized geographically within the US from North to South and then from East to West. Please note that while we make every effort to ensure that the names of the servers are correct, we control the names of only the nist.gov servers. If you have difficulty using the name of a system, you can access a server using the IP address directly.Important notes:
1. We will continue to support the 'TIME' protocol that uses tcp port 37 for the forseeable future.However, this protocol is very expensive in terms of network bandwidth, since it uses the complete tcpmachinery to transmit only 32 bits of data. Users are *strongly* encouraged to upgrade to the networktime protocol (NTP), which is both more accurate and more robust.
2. Users of the NIST 'DAYTIME' protocol on tcp port 13 are also strongly encouraged to upgrade to thenetwork time protocol, which provides greater accuracy and requires less network bandwidth.The NIST time client (nistime-32bit.exe) supports both protocols.
3. The generic name time.nist.gov will continue to point to all of our servers on a round-robin basis,and users are encouraged to access the service using this name.
Please address comments to: [email protected]
The global address time.nist.gov is resolved to all of the server addresses belowin a round-robin sequence to equalize the load across all of the servers.
Whether you connect to a server using the name or the IP address, it is a bad practice to “hard-code” a particular server name or address into a device so that these parameters cannot be changed by the end user if that becomes necessary at some future time.
All users should ensure that their software NEVER queries a server more frequently than once every 4 seconds. Systems that exceed this rate will be refused service. In extreme cases, systems that exceed this limit may be considered as attempting a denial-of-service attack.
|time-a-g.nist.gov||184.108.40.206||NIST, Gaithersburg, Maryland||All services available|
|time-b-g.nist.gov||220.127.116.11||NIST, Gaithersburg, Maryland||All services available|
|time-c-g.nist.gov||18.104.22.168||NIST, Gaithersburg, Maryland||All services available|
|time-d-g.nist.gov||22.214.171.124||NIST, Gaithersburg, Maryland||All services available|
|time-d-g.nist.gov||2610:20:6f15:15::27||NIST, Gaithersburg, Maryland||All services via IPV6|
|time-e-g.nist.gov||126.96.36.199||NIST, Gaithersburg, Maryland||All services available|
|time-e-g.nist.gov||2610:20:6f15:15::26||NIST, Gaithersburg, Maryland||All services via IPv6|
|time-a-wwv.nist.gov||188.8.131.52||WWV, Fort Collins, Colorado||All services available|
|time-b-wwv.nist.gov||184.108.40.206||WWV, Fort Collins, Colorado||All services available|
|time-c-wwv.nist.gov||220.127.116.11||WWV, Fort Collins, Colorado||All services available|
|time-d-wwv.nist.gov||18.104.22.168||WWV, Fort Collins, Colorado||All services available|
|time-d-wwv.nist.gov||2610:20:6f97:97::4||WWV, Fort Collins, Colorado||All services via IPv6|
|time-e-wwv.nist.gov||22.214.171.124||WWV, Fort Collins, Colorado||All services available|
|time-e-wwv.nist.gov||2610:20:6f97:97::6||WWV, Fort Collins, Colorado||new server, services via IPV6|
|time-a-b.nist.gov||126.96.36.199||NIST, Boulder, Colorado||All services available|
|time-b-b.nist.gov||188.8.131.52||NIST, Boulder, Colorado||All services available|
|time-c-b.nist.gov||184.108.40.206||NIST, Boulder, Colorado||All services available|
|time-d-b.nist.gov||220.127.116.11||NIST, Boulder, Colorado||All services available|
|time-d-b.nist.gov||2610:20:6f96:96::4||NIST, Boulder, Colorado||All services available|
|time-e-b.nist.gov||18.104.22.168||NIST, Boulder Colorado||All services available|
|time-e-b.nist.gov||2610:20:6f96:96::6||NIST, Boulder, Colorado||All services available|
|time.nist.gov||global address for all servers||Multiple locations||All services available|
|utcnist.colorado.edu||22.214.171.124||University of Colorado, Boulder||All services available|
|utcnist2.colorado.edu||126.96.36.199||University of Colorado, Boulder||All services available|
The following servers support only authenticated NTP requests using the symmetric key encryption method that is defined in the NTP documentation.They do not respond to requests for time in the DAYTIME or TIME formats and will not accept anonymous ftp connections.You must apply to NIST for an encryption key to use these systems; they will not respond to NTP requests from users who have not registered with NIST.See the authenticated NTP description for more information.
Find the perfect Mackenzie Bezos stock photos and editorial news pictures from Getty Images. Select from premium Mackenzie Bezos of the highest quality. Bezos pics. Find the perfect Jeff Bezos stock photos and editorial news pictures from Getty Images. Select from premium Jeff Bezos of the highest quality. 2.8m Followers, 0 Following, 166 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Jeff Bezos (@jeffbezos).
|ntp-b.nist.gov||188.8.131.52||NIST, Boulder, Colorado||Authenticated service|
|ntp-wwv.nist.gov||184.108.40.206||NIST WWV, Fort Collins, Colorado||Authenticated service|
|ntp-c.colorado.edu||220.127.116.11||JILA, Univ. of Colorado, Boulder||Authenticated service|
|ntp-d.nist.gov||18.104.22.168||NIST, Gaithersburg, Maryland||Authenticated service|
The following server supports only the NTP format and transmits UT1 time rather than UTC(NIST).For details about the UT1 server, please see the UT1 NTP Information page.
|ut1-time.colorado.edu||22.214.171.124||University of Colorado, Boulder|
|ut1-wwv.nist.gov||126.96.36.199||NIST WWV Radio, Ft. Collins, CO|
- Sun Clock
shows time zones around the world a well as the time at locations of your choice.
- HourWorld World Clock
HourWorld is a program with rich graphics that can show you what time it is in a certain part of the world, and well as demonstrate what is actually looks like over the globe.
HamTimer was written by WF0GM to provide a way of showing both UTC Time and Local Time simultaneously, Provide a reminder to the Amateur Operator to identify his/her station every 10 minutes as necessary, Sound an alarm for WWV solar activity announcements each hour.
- UTC World Clock
Dual display shows UTC or local time on top and lower display shows time in another time zone or country selected from a list.
- BktTimeSync- BktTimeSync synchronizes the PC time using an internet time server (NTP server) or a GPS receiver connected to USB, serial port or Bluetooth.Great for use with digital modes like FT8, JT65, JT9, JS8Call and others. For the operation of this program requires an active internet connection or a GPS receiver. This program works on all versions of Windows 32 or 64 bit
- Dimension 4- Freeware software that synchronize your PC's clock.Dimension 4 monitor your Internet connection and automatically adjust your PC's clock when you're online at an interval you specify.[ Hits: 1622 Votes: 3 Rating: 7.67 ]
- GPS time- GPSTime is a small freeware applet that corrects your PC clock using GPS.GPSTime reads the serial data coming out of your GPS receiver and decodes the $GPRMC messages to determine the precise UTC time. Works on Windows Vista/7/8/10 with PC with serial ports.
- GPS2Time - A means of sync-ing your computer clock using a GPS Receiver. GPS2Time is another GPS network time synchronization software application for Window 7 and higher. Freeware.[ Hits: 215 Votes: 1 Rating: 10 ]
- Gray line map for Windows- Gray line map is a windows application for your desktop that show the gray line map of the world.Easy resizable and draggable anywhere in your windows desktop updates the gray line status every 10 minutes
- HamTime- Announce your callsign at least once every ten minutes. HamTime runs in the corner of the screen and gives you an audible alarm when that announcement is due.[ Hits: 1568 Votes: 0 Rating: 0 ]
- HamTimer- HamTimer was written by WF0GM to provide a way of showing both UTC Time and Local Time simultaneously, Provide a reminder to the Amateur Operator to identify his/her station every 10 minutes as necessary, Sound an alarm for WWV solar activity announcements each hour.
- HourWorld World Clock- HourWorld is a program with rich graphics that can show you what time it is in a certain part of the world, and well as demonstrate what is actually looks like over the globe.[ Hits: 2897 Votes: 2 Rating: 5.5 ]
- Interactive World Clock- World Map - Time Zones realtime map allow to select and display current time for selected regions
- JTSync- JTSync is a simple utility that provides the ability to synchronize your computer clock over a network with world-wide NTP servers. When the Internet connection is not available, JTSync allows you to make time adjustments based on decoded QSOs within the WSJT-X application.[ Hits: 550 Votes: 3 Rating: 6.33 ]
- LCD Clock- Ham Radio LCD Clock Utility for Macintosh OS X and Windows by GM4JJJ
- Meinberg NTP for Windows- Meinberg NTP software to sync your computer clock. NTP client package with IPv4 IPv6 support for Windows XP and newer.[ Hits: 247 Votes: 0 Rating: 0 ]
- NERDAlert 2000- NERDAlert 2000 is an ID timer, with extras
- NetTime for Windows- NetTime is a simple and free software to sync your computer clock via internet. Very useful tool for FT8 FT4 operating modes.[ Hits: 369 Votes: 0 Rating: 0 ]
- Radio Clock- Radio Clock listens to radio time signals from your radio and corrects the time on your PC clock
- Sun Clock- shows time zones around the world a well as the time at locations of your choice.[ Hits: 2947 Votes: 9 Rating: 5 ]
- Time-Sync for Windows- Time-Sync is a freeware software to synchronize the time of your system. Time-Sync is installed as a service, the configuration is very easy for each user and can be done in a few steps. Up to five redundant time servers can be configured.
- ToyNtp- ToyNTP is a simple freeware time server for Windows that implements the SNTP protocol and uses a GPS receiver, Garmin GPS 18x LVC, as time reference. ToyNTP was designed to be used with Faros in the locations where access to the SNTP servers on the Internet is not available, but it may be used for other purposes as well, in particular, it may be configured to keep the PC clock synchronized to a GPS receiver.[ Hits: 49 Votes: 0 Rating: 0 ]
- UTC World Clock- Dual display shows UTC or local time on top and lower display shows time in another time zone or country selected from a list.
- World Clock- This World Clock displays time in two user selectable time zones. Each time zone can be switched between 12h and 24h format.[ Hits: 1222 Votes: 2 Rating: 5.5 ]
Search The DXZone.com
Software : Time Software
List of programs to synchronize your computer, to display utc time or world zone.