Universal Time Coordinated
Utc Zone Converter
Universal Time Coordinated / Universal Coordinated Time: Successor to: Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) Military name: “Zulu” Military Time: Longitude: 0° (Prime Meridian) At sea: Longitudes between 7.5° West and 7.5° East: Note: United Kingdom is one hour ahead of UTC / GMT during summer. UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) is one of the well-known names of UTC+0 time zone which is 0h. Ahead of UTC (Coordinated Universal Time). It's used as the standard time. Time difference to GMT/UTC No UTC/GMT offsets (UTC+00).
The literal 'Z' is actually part of the ISO 8601 datetime standard for UTC times. When 'Z' (Zulu) is tacked on the end of a time, it indicates that that time is UTC, so really the literal Z is part of the time. This probably creates a few problems for the date format library in.NET, since it's actually a literal, rather than a format specifier. Utc time zone. Zulu Time Zone is often used in aviation and the military as another name for UTC +0. Zulu Time Zone is also commonly used at sea between longitudes 7.5° West and 7.5° East. The letter Z may be used as a suffix to denote a time being in the Zulu Time Zone, such as 08:00Z or 0800Z. This is spoken as 'zero eight hundred Zulu'.
- UTC-06:00 Central Time Zone, the largest one by area, encompasses 20 states, but only 10 of them are located entirely within zone's boundaries, all remaining states have some exceptions. UTC-07:00 Mountain Time Zone includes 14 states, only 6 of them are wholly in this zone, all the others use the Mountain Time in some parts of their territories.
- UTC±00:00 is the following time: Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), the basis for the world's civil time. Greenwich Mean Time. Western European Time. Azores Summer Time. Eastern Greenland Summer Time. Western Sahara Standard Time.
Offset: UTC is 0 hours ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Universal
Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) is the world time standard that regulates clocks and time. It is successor to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). For casual use, UTC is the same as GMT, but is used by the scientific community.
UTC is the time standard commonly used across the world since 1972. It is used in many technical fields, like aviation industry and meteorologists, also used to synchronize time across internet networks.
UTC representations, usage and related time zonesW3C/ISO-8601: International standard covering representation and exchange of dates and time-related data
See Full List On Timeanddate.com
- Z - is the zone designator for the zero UTC/GMT offset, also known as 'Zulu' time
- +00 - basic short
- +0000 - basic
- +00:00 - extended
- +0000 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (00) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates zero hour and zero minutes time differences of the zero meridian.
- Zulu - Military abbreviation for UTC
- Z - short form of 'Zulu'
Utc Time Zone ListTime zones with the GMT +0 offset:
Utc Time Zone Map
- EGST - Eastern Greenland Summer Time
- GMT - Greenwich Mean Time
- WET - Western European Time
- AZOST - Azores Summer Time
- UTC - Universal Time Coordinated
- WT - Western Sahara Standard Time
- Z - Zulu Time Zone
- GMT - GMT
- +00 -