This video explains you, how to install Spring Tool Suite 4 ( STS IDE ) in windows. STS is a popular IDE for enterprise application development in Java. This video is fourth in the series of spring boot tutorial, we will discuss the below topics:1) How to install STS plugin in eclipse.2) STS (SPRING TOOL SUIT. Spring Tool Suite (version: 3.9.4.RELEASE) Maven (version: 3.5.2) Java (version: 1.8) Tomcat (version: 9.0.2) Steps. Create new Maven project; Configure Tomcat; Create src/main/java and src/test/java folders, if there aren’t any; Run the application; Screen shots. Step 1 – Create Maven web application project using either Eclipse IDE or STS. I have been using Eclipse and STS for years now (nearing a decade now) and I absolutely love these software. However when you start looking at them as a 'user' and not only as a developer, there.
In this post, we will learn on how to create a maven web application project
- Spring Tool Suite (version: 3.9.4.RELEASE)
- Maven (version: 3.5.2)
- Java (version: 1.8)
- Tomcat (version: 9.0.2)
- Create new Maven project
- Configure Tomcat
- Create src/main/java and src/test/java folders, if there aren’t any
- Run the application
Step 1 – Create Maven web application project using either Eclipse IDE or STS
- Click New->Maven Project
- Select default location
- Select “maven-archtype-webapp”.
- Enter Group Id, Artifact Id, package details and hit finish
Below is the project structure after hitting finish
Note: If you look in the problems view, the error is “The superclass “javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet” was not found on the Java Build Path. This error indicates that http-servlet is not available in the project class path, once we add target-runtime to the project , http-servlet will be available in the project class-path.
Errors will be resolved after configuring run time server such as Tomcat server
Step 2 – To configure Tomcat server:
- Right click on project and select “Properties”.
- Select “Targeted Runtimes” on left hand side.
- Select “Apache Tomcat v9.0”.
- Click apply and close
Step 3 – To create src/main/java and src/main/test folders,
- Right click on project structure, select “Properties”,
- Select “Java Build Path” on left hand side
- On right hand side, select “Order and Export” tab
- select “Maven Dependencies” and “JRE System Library”
- select apply and close
Note: If you still see errors, right click on project and do Maven -> update projectAcronis true image 2020 universal restore.
Step 4 – Run the application
Spring Sts Download
- Right click on project, select Run As and Run on Server
- Select Tomcat server in the window
- Select Finish
- Type http://localhost:8080/SpringMVC/ in your favorite web browser to see “Hello World” message
Spring Sts Eclipse
Final maven project structure looks like below