JITSI FOR SLACK. Hello Slack fans! Very pleased to meet you! There's no need to create an account. Just click below, and off you go! Tools like Discord and Jitsi have been on the rise during the pandemic, while staples like Slack, Zoom, and Google Meet are popular as well.
- Slack is mainly set up for text chat, but it does give you the ability to make voice and video calls as well. If you’re on the free version of Slack, you can make a video call to an individual.
- Jitsi is opensource and privacy/security concerned (Zoom had some serious security issues). You can easily host your own instance or use the public one or purchase a hosted one. There is mobile & desktop apps and you can easily connect using a browser (a must-have feature for entreprise guests).
- Slack is a new way to communicate with your team. It’s faster, better organized, and more secure than email.
Hi Zimbra Friends, Customers & Partners!
Zimbra 9 offers 2 UIs: Classic & Modern, and users can toggle easily between UIs.
Zimbra 9’s Modern UI integrates email with the best collaboration tools (e.g. Slack, Zoom, Dropbox, Google Drive, Jitsi, Webex, etc.). The next Zimbra 9 patch (coming very soon!) includes an update to the Modern UI, so users will have easier and faster access to the tools they need.
Slack Jitsi Client
Here is what you should know about the updated Modern UI:
- The navigation bar has a new look and some new icons! Email, Calendar and Contacts are still there, PLUS icons for Video, Chat and Cloud Storage tools.* Looking for Briefcase, Dropbox, OneDrive or Google Drive to share and store files? Click the Cloud Storage icon!
* If you don’t see the new icons, your email administrator has not enabled those tools. Please contact your email admin for more information.
Want a quick video tour (3 mins)? Click here!
And built-in and available for you to use right away are …
- Briefcase — Share and store files in Zimbra Cloud Storage (just click the cloud icon!)
- Jitsi** — Click “Make it a Jitsi Meeting” in a calendar meeting invite to automatically create a video meeting
** If you don’t see the “Make it a Jitsi Meeting” button in your meeting invite, your email administrator has not enabled Jitsi. Please contact your email admin for more information.
We hope you love the new Modern UI as much as we do!
Your Zimbra Team
Slack Jitsi Download
Go ahead, video chat with the whole team. In fact, invite everyone you know — right inside Twist. Jitsi Meet is a fully encrypted, 100% open source video conferencing solution that you can use all day, every day, for free — with no account needed.
By adding Jitsi Meet right to your team in Twist, you’re able to start a video conference in any thread or message, making it easy for everyone to jump on the call in a single click or schedule one for later in the day, week, or year. Here’s what else you can do:
Slack Gitlab Notifications
Take an asynchronous thread into a synchronous meeting as easily as typing /jitsi in any thread or message.
Create a specific name to differentiate every meeting by typing /jitsi Marketing, /jitsi Engineering, or /jitsi Just For Fun.
Collaborate by editing documents together using Etherpad or by trading messages and emojis with the integrated video conference chat.
Not at a desk? No problem — Jitsi Meet lets you join in over the phone or via a YouTube stream, too.
Most importantly, Jitsi Meet keeps conversations private with encryption by default (and advanced security settings)