- Skimmed, skimming, skims v.tr. To remove floating matter from (a liquid). To remove (floating matter) from a liquid. To embezzle (money) by taking a small portion on each transaction: corrupt governments skimming money from foreign aid. To fail to declare part of (certain income, such as winnings) to avoid tax payment.
- Skim coating is a simple and quick way of repairing torn and damaged walls. The procedure of skim coating requires a fine cover of the joint compound. It goes into the wall and covers and fills the imperfect area. This process is well known for repairing drywall.
- Everyone likes to save money, but it's not worth cutting corners on certain items. Consumer Reports reveals the 8 things you should never skimp on.
Skim definition: 1. To move quickly just above a surface without touching it: 2. To throw a flat stone horizontally. 4 synonyms of skimp (on) from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 8 related words, definitions, and antonyms. Find another word for skimp (on).
- Deliver and maintain services, like tracking outages and protecting against spam, fraud, and abuse
- Measure audience engagement and site statistics to understand how our services are used
- Improve the quality of our services and develop new ones
- Deliver and measure the effectiveness of ads
- Show personalized content, depending on your settings
- Show personalized or generic ads, depending on your settings, on Google and across the web
Skim On Plasterboard
9 Purchases It’s OK to Skimp On
Usually in life, you get what you pay for — but not always.
Yes, there are times when pinching pennies is simply foolish. We detail such occasions in “21 Purchases You Should Never Skimp On.”
War thunder ka 52. But in many other instances, being cheap — er, “frugal” — makes more sense. Following are several purchases you can safely skimp on.
Sponsored: Find the right financial adviser
Finding a financial adviser you can trust doesn’t have to be hard. A great place to start is with SmartAsset’s free financial adviser matching tool, which connects you with up to three qualified financial advisers in five minutes. Each adviser is vetted by SmartAsset and is legally required to act in your best interests.
Slim On Power
If you’re ready to be matched with local advisers who will help you reach your financial goals, get started now.