EUdict (European dictionary) is a collection of online dictionaries for the languages spoken mostly in Europe. These dictionaries are the result of the work of many authors who worked very hard and finally offered their product free of charge on the internet thus making it easier to all of us to communicate with each other. Some of the dictionaries have only a few thousand words, others have more than 320,000. Some of the words may be incorrectly translated or mistyped.
Vt fus (=glide over) glisser sur. → the little boat was skimming across the sunlit surface of the bay. Vt fus (=read quickly) parcourir. → I thought I would skim through a few of the letters. Translation English - French Collins Dictionary. See also: skim across, skim through, skimp, ski. Collaborative Dictionary English-French. Skim definition is - to clear (a liquid) of scum or floating substance. How to use skim in a sentence.
Skim definition: 1. To move quickly just above a surface without touching it: 2. To throw a flat stone horizontally.
) An adjective is a word that describes a noun (e.g. (without fat) a. Regionalism used in Latin America: all the countries in South America, Central America, and the Caribbean. Does not include Spain. Skim /skɪm/ vb (skims, skimming, skimmed) ( transitive) to remove floating material from the surface of (a liquid), as with a spoon: to skim milk. To glide smoothly or lightly over (a surface) ( transitive) to throw (something) in a path over a surface, so as to bounce or ricochet: to skim stones over water.
Esperanto is only partially translated. Please help us improve this site by translating its interface.
Total number of language pairs: 498
Total number of translations (in millions): 14.4
New: Belarusian<>Russian, Portuguese<>Russian, Japanese (Kanji)<>Russian
Improved: English<>Portuguese, English<>Spanish, Portuguese<>Spanish
There are several ways to use this dictionary. The most common way is by word input (you must know which language the word is in) but you can also use your browser's search box and bookmarklets (or favelets).
Look at the complete list of languages: Available language pairs
There are two Japanese-English (and Japanese-French) dictionaries and one contains Kanji and Kana (Kana in English and French pair due to improved searching). For the same reason the Chinese dictionary contains traditional and simplified Chinese terms on one side and Pinyin and English terms on the other.
Browser integration (Search plugins)
Perhaps the best way to enable dictionary search is through integration into the search field of your browser. To add EUdict alongside Google, Yahoo!, Amazon and other search engines in Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, simply click on link after the title Browser integration, select appropriate language pair and confirm your decision. And you're ready to go; select EUdict from the drop-down list in search field (Firefox) or address bar (IE), input a word and press Enter. In Chrome, first click on a language pair and change the search keyword in the field 'Keyword' to a keyword (eg: 'eudict'). Afterwards, you simply type the chosen keyword in the address bar to start the search in the chosen dictionary.
Tips and tricks
If you want to type a character which isn't on your keyboard, simply pick it from a list of special characters. If you are unable to add a bookmarklet in Mozilla Firefox according to the instructions above, there is another way; right click on a link and select Bookmark this link… Now you can drag this link from Bookmarks to the Bookmarks Toolbar.
Instead of clicking the Search button, just press Enter. Although EUdict can't translate complete sentences, it can translate several words at once if you separate them with spaces or commas. Sometimes you can find translation results directly from Google by typing: eudict word. If you are searching for a word in Japanese (Kanji) dictionary and not receiving any results, try without Kana (term in brackets). If you are searching for a word in the Chinese dictionary and not receiving any results, try without Pinyin (term in brackets). Disable spellchecking in Firefox by going to Tools → Options → Advanced → Check my spelling as I type. Why not add a EUdict search form to your web site? Form
My name is Tomislav Kuzmic, I live in Croatia and this site is my personal project. I am responsible for the concept, design, programming and development. I do this in my spare time. To contact me for any reason please send me an email to tkuzmic at gmail dot com. Let me take this chance to thank all who contributed to the making of these dictionaries and improving the site's quality:
- Goran Igaly – author of the initial English-Croatian database
- Natali Kralj – author of the Dutch-Croatian dictionary
- Jim Breen – author of the Japanese-English dictionary
- Besiki Sisauri – author of the English-Georgian dictionary
- Giorgi Chavchanidze – author of the several Georgian dictionaries
- Jerzy Kazojć – for excellent dictionaries collection
- Rajesh – for help with English-Tamil and German-Tamil dictionary
- Chinese-German dictionary adapted from: 'The free Chinese-German dictionary'
- Grazio Falzon – author of the English-Maltese dictionary
- András Tuna – for smart suggestions about improving this site
- Interface translation: Tomislav Kuzmić (Croatian), Vasudevan Tirumurti, Fahim Razick (Tamil), Matti Tapanainen (Finnish), Ebru Bağlan (Turkish), Arsene Ionuț, Cristina Crisan (Romanian), Daiva Macijauskė (Lithuanian), Tetiana M. (Ukrainian), András Tuna (Hungarian), Jakob Lautrup Nysom (Danish), Andre Abdullin, Elena Zvaritch (Russian), Catherine Györvàry (French), Gab M., Klaus Röthig (Portuguese), Marcin Orzełek (Polish), Stefanija Madzoska, Daniel Matrakoski (Macedonian), Selina Lüdecke, P. H. Claus (German), Vangelis Katsoulas (Greek), Roberto Marchesi (Italian), Robin van der Vliet (Esperanto), Reno Rake (Indonesian), Nahuel Rodríguez (Spanish), Gao Pan (Chinese), Hoài Sang Lăng (Vietnamese)
EUdict is online since May 9, 2005 and English<>Croatian dictionary on tkuzmic.com since June 16, 2003.Popularity: Difficulty:
Ebr 75 war thunder mod. Sorry, we did not find an exact match.
We are constantly improving our dictionaries. Still, it is possible that some words are not available. You can ask other members in forums, or send us email. We will try and help.
Definitions and Meaning of skim in English
- used of milk and milk products from which the cream has been removed
- she can drink skimmed milk but should avoid butter
- yogurt made with skim milk
- reading or glancing through quickly
- a thin layer covering the surface of a liquid
- there was a thin skim of oil on the water
- read superficially
Synonyms: skim over
- move or pass swiftly and lightly over the surface of
Synonyms: skim over
- remove from the surface
Synonyms: cream, cream off, skim off
- skim cream from the surface of milk
- coat (a liquid) with a layer
- cause to skip over a surface
Synonyms: skip, skitter
- Skip a stone across the pond
- travel on the surface of water
- examine hastily
Synonyms: glance over, rake, run down, scan
- She scanned the newspaper headlines while waiting for the taxi
Recent Search HistorySee and manage history
English to Hindi Dictionary: skim
Meaning and definitions of skim, translation of skim in Hindi language with similar and opposite words. Spoken pronunciation of skim in English and in Hindi.
Tags for the entry 'skim'
What skim means in Hindi, skim meaning in Hindi, skim definition, explanation, pronunciations and examples of skim in Hindi.
Our Apps are nice too!
Dictionary. Translation. Vocabulary.
Games. Quotes. Forums. Lists. And more..
Try our vocabulary lists and quizzes.
Living Room Essentials
Slim Customer Meaning In English
We provide a facility to save words in lists.
Custom Word Lists
You can create your own lists to words based on topics.
To manage lists, a member account is necessary.
Keep in Touch
Skim Means In English
Get our Apps
Skim Antonyms In English
- © 2021 Shabdkosh.com, All rights reserved.
Skin In English
- Fast, Free and Offline
- Over 100,000 words
- Audio Pronunciation
- Word Games
- Word & Quote of the Day