Usually, when we want to send photos to someone from our computer or phone, we use text messages, email, or a social media messenger. However, if you have an iPhone, iPad, or Mac, sending files, photos, or videos to someone is much easier. Instead of sending a text or email, you can use AirDrop. Here’s how to turn on AirDrop, how to turn it off, how to AirDrop from an iPhone to a Mac, and the other way around. Skim past tense.
What is AirDrop?
AirDrop is a way for macOS and iOS devices toshare files wirelessly. It uses Bluetooth to create a WiFi connection from oneApple device to another.
How to Turn On Airdrop on iPhone or iPad
- To turn on AirDrop, swipe up from the bottom of your iPhone screen. This will take you to the Control Center.
- Press and hold the WiFi button. This will open a WiFi folder in Control Center.
- Then tap AirDrop.
- Finally, select who can AirDrop to your device. If you select Contacts Only, you will only receive files from people in your Contacts list. If you choose Everyone, anyone can transfer files to you via AirDrop. Once this is set, AirDrop will be turned on in your device. That’s how to turn on AirDrop on your iPhone.
Airdrop On My Mac
How to Airdrop from an iPhone to a Mac
On the Mac device, go to Finder and click Go, and select Airdrop. Check the “Allow me to be discovered by” setting. If the option shows as “No One”, change it to “Everyone” or “Contacts Only”.
- With the feature of AirDrop you can share almost anything from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac to any other Apple device. It uses Bluetooth to create a peer-to-peer Wi-Fi network between devices. A firewall is then created around the connection from both devices and files sent using AirDrop are encrypted.
- Έχετε προβλήματα με το AirDrop; Μπορούμε να σας παρέχουμε όλες τις διαθέσιμες επιλογές σας.
- Make sure that both iPhone and Mac have their Bluetooth and WiFi turned on.
- Open a file on your iPhone that you want to AirDrop.
- Tap the Share button. This is the icon that looks like a box with an arrow pointing up.
- Then tap AirDrop.
- Choose the Mac device that you want to AirDrop the files to. If the user profile of the recipient Mac is in your Contacts list, you will see an identifying label and photo by the top of the window. If the recipient Mac is not in your Contacts list, you will see a gray circle with the Mac account’s initials under it.
- The files will then be sent to the Mac’s downloads folder.
How to AirDrop from Mac to iPhone
- Open the file in your Mac that you want to AirDrop.
- Click the Share button in Finder. If you don’t see the Share button, hover to the top toolbar of the window until you see the Share button.
- From the sharing options listed, choose AirDrop.
- Finally, double click the iPhone recipient from the AirDrop sheet. If you are sharing a photo or video, it will be sent to the Photos app on the iPhone.
Alternatively, you can also follow the stepsbelow to AirDrop from Mac to iPhone:
- Open Finder. This is the half-blue and half-gray face icon in your Dock.
- From the sidebar, clickon AirDrop. If you don’t see AirDrop, select Finder and hitthe Command + Coma keys on your keyboard at the same time. Then click theSidebar tab and check the box next to AirDrop.
- Drag the files that youwant to AirDrop onto an iPhone recipient.
How to Turn Off Airdrop on your iPhone or iPad
- Swipe up from the bottom bezel of your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap and hold the WiFi icon.
- Then tap AirDrop.
- Select “Receiving Off” to turn off AirDrop.
How to Turn Off Airdrop on Your Mac Computer
- Click Finder or thehalf-blue and half-gray app.
- Select AirDrop from the leftsidebar. If you don’t see AirDrop, select Finder and hitthe Command + Coma keys on your keyboard at the same time. Then click theSidebar tab and check the box next to AirDrop.
- Select “No One” from the“Allow me to be discovered by” options.
Now that you know how to turn on AirDrop, it is much simpler to send and receive files with other Apple users near you. If you are running out of space on your smartphone, check out our guide on how to free up space on your iPhone.
Was this article helpful?
- Дата выхода: 2014-05-28
- Текущая версия: 2.2.5
- Adult рейтинг: 4+
- Размер файла: 11.67 MB
- Разработчик: Best App Limited
- Совместимость: Требуется iOS 10.10 или выше.
* Air Stream is designed specifically for Samsung TVs and devices (such as Blu-ray players).* Wirelessly stream video or music files from your Mac to TV! No wires, no configuration, and no additional hardware required! Forget your HDMI cables!* Works with virtually all media formats, such as MP4, MKV, MOV, AVI, WMV, MP3, WAV, etc.Air Stream can wirelessly stream any media format to your TV via your home network. No glitches and no choppiness! Just drag and drop your favorite media files into the Air Stream app, and the media will appear instantly on your TV screen! It's that simple!KEY FEATURES:• Wireless Streaming with High Reliability, No Video Conversion Beforehand!• Supports Samsung Smart TVs and Devices (2012 or later models with DLNA).• Supports Almost Any Video and Audio Format:- Video: MP4, MOV, M4V, MKV, AVI, WMV, ASF, FLV, F4V, DivX, XviD, QT, MPEG, MPEG2, RM, RMVB, AVCHD, M2TS, MTS, TS, 3GP, 3G2, WEBM, H.264/AVC/MPEG-4, H.265/HEVC, etc.- Audio: MP3, WAV, AAC, M4A, WMA, FLAC, AIFF, OGG, AC3, AU, MP2, AMR, AWB, MMF, etc.• Supports 4K/UHD and 1080p/HD Video Files.• Provides Playlists for Organizing Your Media Files.• Controls Your Video Playback (Play, Pause, Next, Previous, Seek).• Supports Drag-and-Drop for Adding Media Files.• Easy-to-Use UI with Video Preview.USER'S GUIDE: 1. Make sure your Mac and your TV are connected to the same network (by a wired or wireless connection). 2. Launch this app. It will then scan your network for connected TVs. Please wait for a few moments. Once the TV is found, you can select your TV from the list. 3. Drag and drop your video or music file into the app, and wait a moment. Soon you should see your video or music starting to play on your TV. Enjoy! :-)TROUBLESHOOTING: • The app may take up to 10 seconds to discover your TVs on the network. If it fails to find them or fails to play your media file, please try to restart your Router, Mac, and TVs/devices. • To improve the quality and stability of your viewing experience, consider connecting both your Mac and TV to the router via a LAN cable. A high-speed Wi-Fi connection is acceptable, too. *** This app is now being offered at a discount – get it today!! ****** If you like this app, please consider giving us a positive rating! Thank you!! ***NOTE: SAMSUNG is a trademark of Samsung Electronics Co, Ltd. This Mac application is developed, owned, and maintained by a third-party application that has no affiliation with or endorsement from any of the trademark owners.
Restart Airdrop On Macbook
- От KuzzmaНе работает с Samsung Smart TV. В итоге купил SofaPlay