When you have large SQL file and you want to import existing data from other installation or from host. First you need to export the data. But sometime we may face such a situation, import large sql file in XAMPP.
In this article you will learn how to import large sql file with the command prompt in XAMPP for Windows.
XAMPP phpMyAdmin - Access forbidden! Ask Question Asked 8 years, 8 months ago. Active 8 years, 1 month ago. Viewed 24k times -1. I can't access PHPMyAdmin. I have installed XAMPPlite 1.6.5 on Windows 7. I haven't changed any config, except.htaccess, where I added the third line: Order deny,allow Deny from all Allow from localhost. In the process, we shall create and run our own Web application in PHP, and use MySQL databases with the help of the PHPMyAdmin tool. Xampp is a free and open source cross-platform Web server solution stack package developed by Apache Friends.
We will use Command-Line Tools (Shell) to import large database SQL file.
- Download the installer from the XAMPP download page. Double click on the installer and follow the on-screen instruction. At the time of writing this article, the current version of XAMPP is 7.3.1 / PHP 7.3.1. It Includes, Apache 2.4.37; MariaDB 10.1.37; PHP 7.3.1; phpMyAdmin 4.8.4; OpenSSL 1.1.1a; XAMPP Control Panel 3.2.2; Webalizer 2.23-04.
- Xampp server only allow access to phpMyAdmin from localhost. This is because root password is set to blank by default. If you need to access phpMyAdmin over internet, it will be good to add a password protection for phpmyadmin. Create a password file.
- In this tutorial, I will show you how easily you can update your PHP version in XAMPP through 4 simple steps. However, before embarking on the process you need to know why it is important to upgrade PHP version on XAMPP and when is the right time to change the PHP version.
Import mysql db using command line is very simple statements, effective and fast compare to importing huge database from phpmyadmin. There are one more advantage using this method the default mysql db upload file size is doesn’t a matter using Command-Line Tools (Shell).
#1. Open the XAMPP Control Panel
Make sure Apache and MySQL are running and click the Shell button in the XAMPP Control Panel.
#2. To import database, use the following command
- username – your MySQL username. e.g. root
- database_name – database name you are importing to
- /path/file.sql – full path to your .sql file
Bilger linen task chair replacement. when you haven’t created a MySQL username. In that case, you need to type “root” for the username.
Note: On the below screen command, you will define own define own database name. The database name will be the one that you created in the phpMyAdmin and would like to import to SQL file. In our case, we have database name “the_code_developer”.
Enter password: (leave it blank, it’s not set by default) and click enter to continue process.
#3. If you want to see import process to screen then use the following command
Once your database SQL file successfully import then you will get following response like in the below image.
I am using XAMP to create a database for a website I am toying around with after doing php and sql on Treehouse.
Install Phpmyadmin On Xampp
Everytime I load phpMyadmin it tells me I should reset the root password so I do but then everytime I do I get this :error 1045ing: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/.
Xampp Mysql Create Database Example
how do I just set up a root password and not mess up all my XAMPP settings and how would I correct this error?
Hey Patrick, I believe you can navigate to http://localhost/security/xamppsecurity.php and from there you should be able to update your MySQL root password, when you do that and reload phpMyAdmin, it will ask you to login again, and then you use your new credentials.
Xampp Phpmyadmin Access Denied
Posting to the forum is only allowed for members with active accounts.
Please sign in or sign up to post.