Convert PDT Time(Pacific Daylight Time,UTC - 07:00) to UTC(Coordinated Universal Time,UTC + 00:00) Time. World Clock, Time Conversion, Calculator and Mapping Table. Time Zones in the United States. The Pacific Time Zone refers to a time zone which observes standard time by subtracting eight hours from Greenwich Mean Time (UTC/GMT -8). Time in this zone is based on the mean solar time of the 120th meridian west of the Greenwich Observatory. During daylight saving time, its time offset is GMT -7. From east to west they are Atlantic Standard Time (AST), Eastern Standard Time (EST), Central Standard Time (CST), Mountain Standard Time (MST), Pacific Standard Time (PST), Alaskan Standard Time (AKST), Hawaii-Aleutian Standard Time (HST), Samoa standard time (UTC-11) and Chamorro Standard Time (UTC+10). View the standard time zone boundaries. Areas with same time currently (UTC -8). Pacific Standard Time (PST) is 8 hours behind Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). This time zone is in use during standard time in: North America. This time zone is often called Pacific Time. This is a list of the UTC time offsets, showing the difference in hours and minutes from Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), from the westernmost (−12:00) to the easternmost (+14:00). It includes countries and regions that observe them during standard time or year-round. The main purpose of this page is to list the standard time offsets of different countries, territories and regions.
- Convert Utc Time To Pacific Time In Excel
- Pacific Standard Time To Utc Time
- Convert Utc To Pacific Daylight Time
- Utc 23 59 To Pst
- Current Utc Time To Pacific Time
- Pacific Daylight Time To Utc Converter
Universal Time Coordinated is 7 hours ahead of Pacific Daylight Time
7:00 pm19:00 in UTC is 12:00 pm12:00 in PDT
UTC to PST call time
Best time for a conference call or a meeting is between 4pm-6pm in UTC which corresponds to 8am-10am in PST
7:00 pm19:00 Universal Time Coordinated (UTC). Offset UTC 0:00 hours
12:00 pm12:00 Pacific Daylight Time (PDT). Offset UTC -7:00 hours
7:00 pm19:00 UTC / 12:00 pm12:00 PDT
Universal Time Coordinated
Offset: UTC is 0 hours ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Universal
Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) is the world time standard that regulates clocks and time. It is successor to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). For casual use, UTC is the same as GMT, but is used by the scientific community.
UTC is the time standard commonly used across the world since 1972. It is used in many technical fields, like aviation industry and meteorologists, also used to synchronize time across internet networks.
UTC representations, usage and related time zonesW3C/ISO-8601: International standard covering representation and exchange of dates and time-related data
- Z - is the zone designator for the zero UTC/GMT offset, also known as 'Zulu' time
- +00 - basic short
- +0000 - basic
- +00:00 - extended
- +0000 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (00) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates zero hour and zero minutes time differences of the zero meridian.
- Zulu - Military abbreviation for UTC
- Z - short form of 'Zulu'
- EGST - Eastern Greenland Summer Time
- GMT - Greenwich Mean Time
- WET - Western European Time
- AZOST - Azores Summer Time
- UTC - Universal Time Coordinated
- WT - Western Sahara Standard Time
- Z - Zulu Time Zone
- GMT - GMT
- +00 -
Pacific Standard Time
Offset: PST is 8 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in North America
Countries: It is used in following countries: Canada, Mexico, United States
Principal Cities: The largest city in the PST timezone is Los Angeles from USA with population about 3.793 million people. Other major cities in the area are Vancouver, Tijuana, San Diego, San Jose
Daylight Saving: This is a standard timezone, however during summer some places adjust time for one hour forward for daylight saving and observe Pacific Daylight Time (PDT).
End: PST ended and clocks were set one hour forward on Sunday, 14 March 2021, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
Start: PST starts and clocks are set one hour back on Sunday, 07 November 2021, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
French: HNP - Heure Normale du Pacifique
Spanish: PT - Tiempo del Pacífico, PT - Zona Noroeste
Convert Utc Time To Pacific Time In Excel
PST representations, usage and related time zonesW3C/ISO-8601:
Pacific Standard Time To Utc TimeInternational standard covering representation and exchange of dates and time-related data
- -08 - basic short
- -0800 - basic
- -08:00 - extended
- -0800 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (08) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates eight hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Uniform - Military abbreviation for PST
- U - short form of 'Uniform'
- Pacific Standard Time - UTC -8
- Pitcairn Standard Time - UTC -8
- AKDT - Alaska Daylight Time
- PST - Pacific Standard Time
- PT - Pacific Time
- YDT - Yukon Daylight Time
- PST - Pitcairn Standard Time
- U - Uniform Time Zone
This Time Zone Calculator converts between different time zones. To determine time zones for various locations, use this page as a reference.
What is Time Zone
A time zone is a region on Earth that uses a uniform time. They are often based on boundaries of countries or lines of longitude. Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) is the mean solar time at the Royal Observatory located in Greenwich, London, considered to be located at a longitude of zero degrees. Although GMT and Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) essentially reflect the same time, GMT is a time zone, while UTC is a time standard that is used as a basis for civil time and time zones worldwide. Although GMT used to be a time standard, it is now mainly used as the time zone for certain countries in Africa and Western Europe. UTC, which is based on highly precise atomic clocks and the Earth's rotation, is the new standard of today.
UTC is not dependent on daylight saving time (DST), though some countries switch between time zones during their DST period, such as the United Kingdom using British Summer Time in the summer months.
Most time zones that are on land are offset from UTC. UTC breaks time into days, hours, minutes, and seconds, where days are usually defined in terms of the Gregorian calendar. Generally, time zones are defined as + or - an integer number of hours in relation to UTC; for example, UTC-05:00, UTC+08:00, and so on. UTC offset can range from UTC-12:00 to UTC+14:00. Most commonly, UTC is offset by an hour, but in some cases, the offset can be a half-hour or quarter-hour, such as in the case of UTC+06:30 and UTC+12:45.
Convert Utc To Pacific Daylight Time
World Time Zone Map
Time zones throughout the world vary, and used to vary even more than they currently do. It wasn't until 1929 before most countries adopted hourly time zones Nepal, the final holdout, did not adopt a standard offset of UTC until 1956, and even then, has a less common offset of UTC+5:45.
Utc 23 59 To Pst
Generally, a time change of 1 hour is required with each 15° change of longitude, but this does not necessarily always happen. For example, China and India only use a single time zone even though they are countries that encompass far larger an area than 15° of longitude. Russia on the other hand, is divided into 11 time zones, though at one point this was reduced to 9 time zones. As can be seen, although there is a general standard throughout the world for defining time zones, it is still highly dependent on the country, and is subject to change.
The following map displays the standard time zones across the world. Click the map to enlarge it.
U.S. Time Zone Map
Current Utc Time To Pacific Time
Many countries have more than one time zone. As a general rule of thumb, a change of 15° of longitude should result in a time difference of 1 hour.
Pacific Daylight Time To Utc Converter
In the U.S., there are a total of 9 time zones used. Likely the most well known include Eastern, Central, Mountain, and Pacific Time Zones. These time zones encompass most of the contiguous United States.
- Eastern Time Zone (ET): UTC-05:00 – includes 22 states in the eastern part of the contiguous United States, including some parts of Canada, Mexico, Panama, and the Caribbean islands.
- Central Time Zone (CT): UTC-06:00 – includes parts of Canada, the U.S., Mexico, Central America, some of the Caribbean islands, and parts of the Eastern Pacific Ocean. Only 9 states are fully within the Central Time Zone. Eleven are shared with either the Mountain Time Zones or the Eastern Time zones.
- Mountain Time Zone (MT): UTC-07:00 – includes parts of Canada, Mexico, and the U.S. 5 states are fully within the MT, Ten are shared with either the Pacific Time Zone or the Central Time Zone.
- Pacific Time Zone (PT): UTC-08:00 – includes parts of Canada, the western U.S., and western Mexico. California and Washington are fully within PT. Three states are split between the Pacific Time Zone and the Mountain Time Zone, and Alaska is split between the Pacific Time Zone and Alaska Time Zone.
Atlantic, Alaska, Hawaii-Aleutian, Samoa, and Chamorro Time Zones cover the rest of the United States including Alaska, Hawaii, and the other U.S. territories.
All of these time zones have standard time zones that are offset from UTC from UTC-04:00 through UTC+10:00, though some additionally observe daylight saving time (DST). During DST, the regions that observe DST are offset one hour closer to UTC. The regions that don't observe DST include those in the Atlantic, Samoa, and Chamorro Time Zones.
Daylight Saving Time
Many countries or regions, especially those in Europe and North America practice daylight saving time (DST), sometimes referred to as 'summer time,' with the intent of saving energy. This typically involves advancing the time on a clock by one hour in early spring, and 'rolling back' the time in autumn. Manipulating the time as the seasons change can better synchronize working hours with sunrise and sunset times in certain areas. This is less relevant for higher altitude areas (where sunrise and sunset times are significantly offset with regular working hours regardless of time manipulation) as well as locations near the equator (since there is small variation in daylight throughout the year).
* This Time Zone Calculator does not consider Daylight Saving Time in its calculations.