PTC Hours of Operation
It’s midterm season! Or, it’s the end of midterm season for some students, or it’s the beginning of another midterm season. Regardless, I’m slowly decomposing. Here’s my hot take: For a lot of students in the social sciences or who are taking classes with a lot of content, many are running into courses with more than one midterm. NYU Dentistry Awarded $1.9 Million NIH Grant to Study Mitochondrial Changes Behind Stroke and Heart Attack. Deeper understanding of molecular mechanisms underlying these changes could lay the foundation for drug discovery.
Our general office hours are Monday through Friday 10:00am to 6:00pm during the fall and spring semesters. However, for specific course schedules please call us or come by the PTC for information. Please keep in mind that schedules may vary according to tutor availability. For questions regarding our services, you can email us at[email protected]
The in-person PTC is appointment-based. This means that students can come into the PTC in JAB 373 or call us at 646-997-3425 to make an appointment. Students can make up to three appointments per day in different subjects and up to 15 appointments per week, but we do not allow back-to-back appointments within the same subject area. Students’ access to appointments will be restricted if they exceed five cancellations or no-shows within a semester.
We offer drop-in tutoring online using Zoom. Students need the Zoom URL and passcode for their subject in each semester. Drop-in tutoring means that you may log on without an appointment, at any time during the scheduled PTC hours. Tutors are available to answer questions or get you started on a homework problem. Tutors can go over material you are not clear on, either from class or from the textbook. They can also show you a variety of problem solving methods. You may attend drop-in online Zoom tutoring as often as you'd like.
We also have study spaces in the PTC for self-study during our hours of operation, and no appointment is necessary.
We offer tutoring for: PH1013 (Mechanics), PH2023 (Electricity, Magnetism and Fluids) and PH2033 (Waves, Optics and Thermodynamics), as well as PH1213 (Motion and Sound) and PH1223 (Electricity & Light).
We offer tutoring for CM1003 (General Chemistry for Engineering) and CM1013 (General Chemistry 1) and CM1023 (General Chemistry 2), as well as CM2213 (Organic Chemistry 1) and CM2223 (Organic Chemistry 2). We are also pleased to offer CBE3313 (Transport I) and CBE3323 (Transport II).
We offer tutoring for CS 1113 (Python), CS1114 (Python), CS1134 (Data Structures & Algorithms using Python), CS2124 (Object Oriented Programing, C++) and CS 1133 (MATLAB). We are also pleased to offer ECE2004 (Fundamentals of Electric Circuits).
Tutoring is now offered for BMS1003.
We offer tutoring for ME 2213 (Statics) and ME 3223 (Dynamics)
Eclipse compiler for java. Eclipse Jetty provides a web server and javax.servlet container. Eclipse Equinox is an implementation of the OSGi core framework specification. Eclipse Concierge is a small footprint implementation of the OSGi specification. Enabling modular business apps for desktop, browser and mobile.
*The PTC no-longer provides writing services. For all writing services, we encourage you to visit the Tandon Writing Center, offered by NYU's Expository Writing Program, where you can work closely with a faculty consultant or experienced undergraduate peer tutor. You can bring with you any piece of writing (except for exams) from an essay to a lab report, at any stage of the writing process. For more information, please see EWP's Writing Center information page, and to make an appointment, please click here.
Review Sessions for Midterm and Final Exams
PTC Review Sessions will help you prepare for your exams, and are very popular with students. Review sessions are held for courses including: CS1114, CS1134, PH1013, PH2023, PH2033, CM1004, CM1014 and CM1024. In a review session, you will practice solving problems on a “mock exam.” The tutor will then explain the problems and answer any questions you have about the material. Space is limited, so come to the PTC to sign up in advance for the review session you want. More Information
Note: This information applies to NYU Abu Dhabi and NYU Shanghai students considering a semester in New York. Students from other colleges and universities who are interested in enrolling as a visiting student at NYU's campus in New York should consider programs hosted by NYU's Office of University Programs.
Nyu Midterm Report
- August 25-27: Arrival window
- August 25: On-campus housing opens (time TBD by residence hall)
- August 28-30: Mandatory on-site orientation
- September 3: Fall 2019 classes begin
- September 16: Last day to add/drop NYU courses. Last day to drop courses and not receive a grade of 'W'. Last day of active waitlists.
- October 14: Fall Recess (no classes)
- October 15: Legislative Day (classes will meet according to a Monday schedule).
- November 27-29: Student Thanksgiving Recess (no classes scheduled)
- December 13: Last day of Fall 2019 classes
- December 14-15: Reading Days
- December 16 - 20: Fall semester exams
- December 20: On-campus Housing Ends @ 12:00PM
Nyu Midterm Report
- January 26 - Arrival (on-campus housing opens at 2PM)
- January 27 - Spring 2020 classes begin
- January 31 - Mandatory on-site orientation (new students ONLY)
- February 9 - Last day to add/drop NYU courses. Last day to drop courses and not receive a grade of 'W'. Last day of active waitlists.
- February 17 - Presidents' Day (no classes scheduled / university holiday)
- March 16-March 22 - Spring Recess (no classes scheduled)
- April 3 - Last day to withdraw from a course
- May 11 - Last day of Spring 2020 classes
- May 12 - Reading Day
- May 13-19 - Spring semester exams
- May 20 - Last day to be in on-campus housing (on-campus housing ends at 12PM)