|F2G 'Super' Corsair|
|F2G-1 'Super' Corsair, painted as Race 57, flying at the 2005 Air Venture at Oshkosh, Wisconsin|
|First flight||15 July 1945|
|Primary users||United States Navy|
Numerous air racers
|Developed from||Vought F4U Corsair|
The Goodyear F2G, often referred to as the 'Super Corsair', is a development by the Goodyear Aircraft Company of the Vought F4U Corsair fighter aircraft. The F2G was intended as a low-altitude interceptor and was equipped with a 28-cylinder, four-row Pratt & Whitney R-4360 air-cooled radial engine.
War Thunder Arcade/Realistic Gameplay. War Thunder Premium Review: MB.5. War Thunder patch 1.77, featuring the British MB5. Martin-Baker MB.5, patch 1.77, Ad. This is a subreddit for War Thunder, a cross platform vehicular combat MMO developed by Gaijin Entertainment for Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. The game is based around combined arms battles on air, land, and sea with vehicles from the Spanish Civil War to.
Mb5 War Thunder Game
Such a fighter was first conceived in 1939, when Pratt & Whitney first proposed the immense, 3,000 hp (2,200 kW) R-4360, and design work began in early 1944, despite an oft-cited anecdote that the F2G was intended to intercept kamikazes (a tactic that was not widely used until late 1944).
Design and development
Using experience gained building the F4U-1 under license – a variant known as the FG-1 – in early 1944, Goodyear modified a standard Corsair airframe to take advantage of the 50% increase in take-off power provided by the R-4360 engine. Known as the XF2G-1,[N 1] the aircraft also featured a new all-round vision bubble-type canopy.
A land-based variant, with manually-folding wings, was to be known as the F2G-1, while a carrier version with hydraulically-folding wings and arrestor hook was to be called the F2G-2. In March 1944, Goodyear was awarded a contract to deliver 418 F2G-1 and 10 F2G-2 aircraft.
Armament was to include four or six wing-mounted 0.5-inch (12.7 mm) machine guns and eight 5-inch (127 mm) rockets or two 1,000 or 1,600 lb (450 or 725 kg) bombs. The internal fuel capacity of the F2G was increased greatly over that of the F4U, and provisions were also made for two droptanks.
However, post-production testing revealed deficiencies in lateral control and insufficient speed, which were bars to further development of the design. In addition, Grumman F8F Bearcat – a rival design that had also entered production – had performance comparable to the F2G, even though it was powered with the same engine as the original F4U. By the end of the war in August 1945, when only 10 aircraft (five examples of each variant) had been completed, further production of the F2G was canceled.
XF2G-1: prototype. One converted from a standard FG-1 Corsair.
F2G-1: land-based variant, 418 ordered, five built, order cancelled.
F2G-2: carrier-based variant, 10 ordered, five built, order cancelled.
- United States
Only two 'Super Corsairs' still remain, after the others crashed, and only one of them is in flying condition.
- Airworthy (F2G-1)
- 88458 (better known as 'Race 57'): privately owned in Bentonville, Arkansas. It was the fifth production aircraft and was purchased by Cook Cleland, who went on to finish first in the 1947 Thompson Trophy Race and first in the 1949 Tinnerman Trophy Race. Over time, the aircraft, registered as NX5588N, went from owner to owner and slowly deteriorated. Finally, in 1996, NX5588N was purchased by Bob Odegaard of North Dakota, and was returned to airworthy condition in 1999. The aircraft was on loan to the Fargo Air Museum. Odegaard raced the aircraft in the Unlimited class at the Reno Air Races from 2006 to 2008  and it was featured in the movie Thunder Over Reno. The aircraft was bought in February, 2017 by Steuart Walton. It is based at Louise M. Thaden Airfield in Bentonville, Arkansas.
- On display (F2G-1)
- 88454: Museum of Flight in Seattle, Washington. It was the first production aircraft and was acquired from the Marine Corps by the Champlin Fighter Museum, and later came to the Museum of Flight in Seattle, Washington with the rest of the Champlin collection.
Data from
- Crew: 1
- Length: 33 ft 9 in (10.3 m)
- Wingspan: 41 ft 0 in (12.5 m)
- Height: 16 ft 1 in (4.9 m)
- Wing area: 314 sq ft (29 m2)
- Empty weight: 10,249 lb (4,649 kg)
- Gross weight: 13,346 lb (6,054 kg)
- Max takeoff weight: 15,422 lb (6,995 kg)
- Powerplant: 1 × Pratt & Whitney R-4360-4 'Wasp Major' 28-cylinder radial engine, 3000 hp (2200 kW)
- Maximum speed: 431 mph (694 km/h, 374 kn) at 16,400 ft (5,000 m)
- Range: 1,955 mi (3,146 km, 1,699 nmi) with external tanks
- Service ceiling: 38,800 ft (11,800 m)
- Rate of climb: 4,400 ft/min (22.35 m/s)
- Wing loading: 42.5 lb/sq ft (208 kg/m2)
- Power/mass: 0.22 hp/lb (370 W/kg)
- Guns: 4× .50 caliber (12.7 mm) M2 Browning machine guns, 400 rounds/gun
- Rockets: 8× 5 in (127 mm) rockets or
- Bombs: 1,600 lb (725 kg)
Aircraft of comparable role, configuration, and era
Mb5 War Thunder Cheats
- ^This designation was used twice; the first XF2G-1 was a 1928 Eberhart prototype.
- ^Pautigny 2003, p. 76.
- ^Dorr 1991, p.68.
- ^'Goodyear F2G Super Corsair Carrier-based Low-Altitude, High-Performance Fighter Prototype - United States'. www.militaryfactory.com. Retrieved 2019-11-18.
- ^Goyer, Robert. 'Bob Odegaard killed in crash of Super Corsair'.Flying, 8 September 2012.
- ^'Famed N.D. pilot Bob Odegaard killed during practice for Valley City air show'. Grand Forks Herald. Sep 7, 2012. Retrieved 19 March 2016.
- ^'FAA Registry: N5588N'FAA.gov. Retrieved: 29 October 2020.
- ^'Goodyear F2G-1D Super Corsair Race #57.'Archived 2012-09-11 at the Wayback MachineDuggy.com. Retrieved: 8 September 2012.
- ^'Race results database'Archived 2008-09-19 at the Wayback Machine. Reno Air Racing Association, 24 September 2008. Retrieved: 12 June 2010.
- ^'Hardware.'Archived 2016-03-05 at the Wayback MachineThunder over Reno. Retrieved: 31 December 2011.
- ^'F2G-1 Corsair/Bu. 88454.'Museum of Flight. Retrieved: 31 December 2011.
- ^'FAA Registry: N4324.'FAA.gov Retrieved: 12 July 2017.
- Dorr, Robert F. US Fighters of World War Two. London, UK, Arms and Armour Press, 1991. ISBN1-85409-073-9
- Green, William. War Planes of the Second World War - Fighters (Vol. 4). New York: MacDonald and Company, 1961.
- Lockett, Brian. 'Corsairs with Four-bank Radials'.Goleta Air and Space Museum. Retrieved: 16 January 2007.
- Pautigny, Bruno (translated from the French by Alan McKay). Corsair: 30 Years of Filibustering 1940-1970. Paris: Histoire & Collections, 2003. ISBN2-913903-28-2.
- 'Racing Corsairs.'Society of Air Racing Historians. Retrieved: 16 January 2007.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Goodyear F2G Corsair.|
Make use of War Thunder coupons & promo codes in 2020 to get extra savings when shop at store.gaijin.net
- timezone. I don't know an easy method to convert a date object to any time zone, but if you want to convert it to the local time zone, you can just convert it with Date.prototype.getTime to the corresponding number of milliseconds, and back again. Date = new Date('2016-05-24T13:07:20'); date = new Date(date.getTime).
- Take up to 50% off Special offers
- Enjoy up to 50% off on Crossout collection
- War Thunder Products at eBay: Up to 40% Off at War Thunder
- Take up to 30% off Star Conflict items - Special offers
- Grab up to 30% off on Starships collection
- Find up to 30% off Special offers
- Take 20% off Cuisine Royale
- Bf109Z Zwilling Pack for $2999 at War Thunder
- XM-1 General Motors Pack for $5999 at War Thunder
- Super Deal: MB5 Pack for $2999 at War Thunder
- Take 2017 War Thunder Cyber Monday Deals
- Crossout Coins as low as $299 at War Thunder
- Galactic standards as low as $199 at War Thunder
- Golden Eagles as low as $099 at War Thunder
- Crossout Packs as low as $999 at War Thunder
Expired War Thunder couponsmight still be working
Similar promo codes & discount codes for War Thunder
War Thunder Shopping Guide
How to redeem War Thunder discount codes 2020?
- Select the discount code you wish to use and copy code
- When you’re ready, view your bag and check your items
- Hit the ‘Checkout’ button
- You’ll need to log in now or if you’re new, create an account
- Enter your code in the box provided and click ‘Apply’
- Check your new discounted price, before confirming and paying for your order
Mb5 War Thunder
Why is a coupon code not working for me?
Mb5 War Thunder Download
Vouchersea is helping people to find a way to save money when shopping at your favourite stores. We provide our customers with thousands of promo codes and amazing deals. However, over 1,000s of coupons are added everyday on Vouchersea and we can't make sure that all the coupons are valid. Some may have just been expired or some are added by our users and not verified by us in time. Also, some codes are valid only with some restrictions. We will try our best to provide you not only with a complete list of promo codes and deals but also valid and usefull discounts so that you can get real savings and don't waste time and money. And if you need anything, please contact us at any time at [email protected]