Expect Result The com.liferay.blade.basic.api-1.0.0.jar can be deployed successfully with message saying STARTED com.liferay.blade.basic.api1.0.0 on console Actually Result Fail to deploy the jar file in to latest master, the jar is keep Processing. Liferay IDE provides Eclipse tooling for Liferay development platform for versions 6.2 and 7.0 including support for module development (OSGi) for Liferay Digital Enterprise 7.0 For more informatio. Web, IDE, Build and Deploy, Tools, Application Server. Last Updated on Friday, January 15, 2021 - 10:14 by Greg Amerson. Checking the Use default location checkbox places your Liferay Workspace in the Eclipse workspace you’re working in. Select the build tool you want your workspace to be built with (i.e., Gradle or Maven). Choose the Liferay Portal version you plan to develop for (i.e., 7.2, 7.1, or 7.0).
- Affects Version/s:Master
- Component/s:Portal Services > Component Management > Hot Deployment
Steps to reproduce:
- Clone the Liferay Blade Samples project:
- Build the full maven/ project:
- Deploy com.liferay.blade.basic.api-1.0.0.jar located in liferay-blade-samplesmavenappsservice-builderbasicbasic-apitarget
The com.liferay.blade.basic.api-1.0.0.jar can be deployed successfully with message saying STARTED com.liferay.blade.basic.api_1.0.0 on console
Fail to deploy the jar file in to latest master, the jar is keep Processing. When restart, got following error on console
Not Reproducible on:
Tomcat 8.0.32 + MySQL 5.6. Portal 7.0.x-private GIT ID: 3a0dad0900717ce9a71e0d3d7e6fe96cf06fa55b.
Kingston acronis. The alternative here would be to invest in a full copy of Acronis True Image 2019 which would not be limited in function and restricted to work with only Kingston drives. Take a look at the Current Acronis Promotion for ATI 2019 versions. But be quick as it ends tomorrow on July 18th.! Description Acronis® True Image™ OEM is an integrated software suite that allows you to back up your entire disk drive or selected partitions, clone your operating system, restore from data previously backed up and create bootable media from USB drives or CD/DVD discs.
LPS-79548Global type variable injected by template context contributor module is not recognized in freemarker portlet
- Sharry Shi
- Sharry Shi
- Participants of an Issue:
- Recent user:
- Michael Saechang
- 0Vote for this issue
- 0Start watching this issue
Liferay Eclipse Ide Download
- Days since last comment:
- 2 years, 51 weeks, 2 days ago
Liferay 7 development setup tutorial is to setup Liferay 7 development environment in local machine and access this tutorial to setup Liferay Eclipse IDE and tomcat in your local.
- Liferay uses plugin sdk development environment and hold portlets,themes,layouts,ext,hooks and ANT Build scripts.
- Liferay 7 uses OSGI platform that replaces traditional use of plugin-sdks with OSGI Modules, but still Liferay 7 supports Plugin SDK development.
- Liferay 7 uses liferay-workspace to hold all modules,gradles, libraries,themes,wars,configs
- portal-service.jar renamed to portal-kernel.jar, so liferay 6 code base need to be update with new API change in Liferay7 migration process.
Liferay 7 Development Setup:
Step1: Download Liferay and Java8
- Click here to download Liferay7 tomcat community edition(liferay-ce-portal-tomcat-7.0-ga3) from sourceforge
- Download Eclipse IDE :liferay-ide-eclipse-windows-x64-3.1.0-M1. I recommend to download liferay-ide-neon-m1 version as it is latest one.
- Install Java8
- MySQL version should be greater than 5.6
- Extract the eclipse and it requires JDK8. update eclipse.inf file with -vm argument with JDK 8 bin path
Step2: Create Liferay Workspace
Liferay workspace need to create to hold all modules and make sure that you configured proper proxy settings in eclipse if you are behind firewall. Go to windows-> preferences -> Network settings and select Manual. Update the with corp user name and password.
In eclipse, click on File-> New -> Liferay Workspace Project and provide workspace name. It will download all required libraries from gradle repository.
Step3 : Liferay 7 workspace structure
Step4 : Liferay 7 Tomcat Setup in Eclipse
Now, we will configure tomcat in Liferay. Click on File->New-> Server; Select Liferay 7.x and click on Next. Update the tomcat server location with download tomcat and Lieray bundles directory with in liferay home(which you extracted liferay-ce-portal-tomcat-7.0-ga3)
Step5 : Liferay 7 Bundles auto configuration
In Liferay 7 community edition, module auto deployment path need to configure and can done in two ways
- Liferay tomcat runtime:
- Click on Liferay 7x
- click on runtime
- Update Liferay Portal bundle directory with liferay home directory as shown in below
- gradle.properties – open gradle.properties file in liferay-workspace folder and add the below property
Step6: Liferay 7 Database configuration
- Create database in mysql : create database lportal7_ce character set utf8;
- Create portal-ext.properties file and add below database properties and liferay home.
Copy the mysql to tomcatlibext if not is not exist and start the server and you will get config page and complete the setup
- Liferay home page will open and start developing portlet.
Note: Some times, you may the below exception, so the access the below tutorial to fix the issue:
Liferay Eclipse Plugin
org.gradle.tooling.BuildException: Could not fetch model of type ‘EclipseProject’ using Gradle distribution ‘https://services.gradle.org/distributions/gradle-3.0-bin.zip’.
Liferay Gradle SSLHandshake or PKIX path building Issue
Eclipse Liferay 7
Liferay Gradle SSLHandshake or PKIX path building Issue While setting up Liferay DXP in local, you might get the below exception in creating workspace project for the first time. You will get the issue if JDK version is below Java…