- Sun Bangla is a Bengali Free-To-Air entertainment TV channel by Sun TV Network owned by SUN Group based in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.It launched on 3 February 2019 and broadcasts Bengali entertainment programming.Sun Bangla is Sun's first entry into the East Indian market.
- Jiyonkathi Set in today’s time, Jiyonkathi revolves around the love-hate relationship between two souls – Rishi and Jahnabi. Rishi, played by celebrated actor Joy Mukherjee, is a high ranking official. His sophistication reflects in his persona matching his designation.
- Watch Jiyonkathi (Bengali) Season 1 Episode 231 Online. Enjoy High Quality Streaming of all Jiyonkathi (Bengali) Episodes for Free on MX Player.
FAYAZ SETU DHAKA, Bangladesh As a Chevening Scholar from Bangladesh- I did LL.M. With the University of Warwick in 2007-8. I did my previous with University of Dhaka in 1999. Jiyonkathi Story. The Story is abut, A simple girl's fate brings her closer to an angry yet influential man. Her grounded dreams are met with his sky-high ambitions eventually brewing love between them.
|Written by||Leena Gangopadhyay|
|Directed by||Arunava Adhikari |
|Creative director||Chandrashekhar Chakraborty|
|Presented by||Bright Advertising Pvt. Ltd.|
|Theme music composer||Debjyoti Mishra|
|Opening theme||Jiyon Kathi|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||486|
|Executive producers||Debolina Mukhopadhyay |
|Running time||22 minutes (approx.)|
|Production company||Magic Moments Motion Pictures and Organinc Studios|
|Original network||Sun Bangla|
|Original release||23 September 2019 –|
18 April 2021
Jiyon Kathi (Bengali: জিয়নকাঠি); is an Indian Bengali television soap opera that premiered on 23 September 2019, and aired on Bengali General Entertainment Channel Sun Bangla. The show is produced by Magic Moments Motion Pictures (of Saibal Banerjee and Leena Gangopadhyay), and stars Aindrila Sharma  and Joy Mukherjee, later replaced by Somraj Maity.
A simple girl's fate brings her closer to an angry yet influential man. Her grounded dreams are met with his sky-high ambitions eventually brewing love between them.
- Aindrila Sharma as Jahnabi Chatterjee aka Tuli - An IAS Officer, Roshni's younger half-sister, Rishi's second wife (once divorced, twice married), Dipto's wife (marriage annulled), Oli's adoptive elder paternal sister, Abhimanyu's step/adoptive mother.
- Joy Mukherjee/Somraj Maity as Rishi Sen - An IAS Officer, Jahnabi's second husband (once divorced, twice married), Roshni's husband (divorced), Oli's husband (marriage ended with her death), Abhimanyu's father.
- Rishi's family
- Manishankar Banerjee as Abhik Sen - Rishi's elder paternal uncle, Hemangini's estranged husband, Harsho's father.
- Rajashree Bhowmik as Hemangini Sen - Rishi's elder aunt, Abhik's estranged wife, Harsho's mother.
- Rahul Chakraborty as Pratik Sen - Rishi and Tilottoma's father.
- Tramila Bhattacharya / Anindita Saha Kapileshwari as Kalpana Sen - Rishi and Tilottoma's mother.
- Debottam Majumdar as Harsho Bardhan Sen aka Harsho - Rishi's elder cousin brother, Lekha's husband.
- Debolina Mukherjee as Srilekha Sen aka Lekha - Harsho's wife, Rishi's elder sister-in-law.
- Soumi Banerjee as Tilottoma Sen - Rishi's younger sister.
- Abhirup Sen as Abhimanyu Sen aka Babi - Rishi and Oli's son, Jahnabi's step/adoptive son.
- Mishmee Das as Roshni Chatterjee - Jahnabi's elder half-sister, Rishi's first wife (divorced), Sanjeet's wife (till she murdered him), a girl and child trafficker.
- Bharat Kaul as Kushal Chatterjee - Anjana's husband and Roshni's father, Rai's estranged husband and Jahnabi's estranged father.
- Jayashree Mukherjee as Anjana Chatterjee - Kushal's first (legal) wife, Roshni's mother.
- Rhimjhim Gupta as Rai Chatterjee (née Bose) - Kushal's second (unofficial) wife, Jahnabi's mother.
- Raghubir as Raghav Bose - Rai's elder brother, Jahnabi's maternal uncle.
- Sukriti Lahori as Jahnabi's college principal.
- Sujoy Saha as Diptojit - Kushal's former employee, Jahnabi's first husband (marriage annulled).
- Anashua Majumdar as the head of a group of courtesans, Jahnabi's dance teacher.
- Sonal Mishra as a courtesan
- Diganta Bagchi as a lawyer
- Nishantika Das as Oli Bose - Rishi's third wife, Jahnabi's adoptive younger maternal sister, Abhimanyu's mother. (Deceased)
- Sandip Chakroborty as Amitabho Bose - Oli's father, Jahnabi's saviour and adoptive maternal uncle.
- Sanjukta Roy Chowdhury as Rupasree Bose - Oli's mother, Jahnabi's adoptive aunt.
- ^'Daily soap 'Jiyon Kathi' to launch on September 23'.
- ^'SUN Bangla launches Jiyonkathi; Joy Mukherjee and Oindrila Sharma to play lead roles'.
- ^'Joy Mukherjee is back on TV'.
Somraj Maity, an engineering graduate, and one of the emerging and handsome faces of the television industry, loves to talk. We, at Laughalaughi, had a pleasant chat with the “Unish Kuri Glam Hunt 2014” winner and got to know the actor a little better.
Interviewer: Tell us about your journey in brief.
Jiyonkathi New Promo
Somraj: Well, first of all, I never really dreamed of being an actor. Just like everybody, the idea of being a “hero” attracted me, but also like most middle-class boys, I never had the guts to tell the same at home. So I went to the U.K. and pursued engineering. I had a girlfriend back then who used to ask me why I didn’t try acting, but my response was to tell her that she’d gone crazy. I lived alone there and gradually got hooked to Bengali television shows and then Bengali movies. Starting from “Khoka 420” to “Nayak Uttam Kumar”, I saw them all. I was essentially missing my language and I believe I started connecting to my roots more than I ever did back in Kolkata.
After I returned to India I had a period of 8 months to prepare for my GRE. I participated in Glam Hunt 2014 and won. From there, the channels came to know me and I started getting offers.
Interviewer: Who or what has been your motivation?
Somraj: Being an actor is something that I love and when I love something I give it a 200%. So my motivation is nobody but me. Also I’ve got some close friends in the industry, more like my brothers, who egg me on. They definitely give me inspiration.
Interviewer: Why did you choose to leave engineering and enter into the glamour world?
Somraj: Essentially I haven’t left, I can always go back; I did not want to be a 9-5 working boy in a cubicle. The glamour world spoke to me. I wanted to be “on top of the world” and so I got attracted to this industry.
Interviewer: Tell us about your early life.
Somraj: I went to school at Birla High and then to Heritage School. Later I completed my studies from the University of South Wales.
Interviewer: You were the “Unish Kuri Glam King 2014”. What qualities according to you must one have to achieve this?
Somraj: I think one has to have a complete package. Being exceptionally good at one thing and close to terrible at another makes no sense. You have to be acceptably good at all things.
Interviewer: Did you have any difficulties as a beginner in this industry?
Somraj: No, no difficulties that I can think of. I did find myself in a completely new environment after leaving the corporate world, though. But I can adjust with new situations comfortably and since the people I started with were the same as me, it happened pretty smoothly.
Interviewer: How different is it to be a Venkateshian? How does it feel?
Somraj: I’m proud of being a Venkateshian but I don’t think it is “different” as such. That being said, it is the best production house in the zone and once you’ve been a part of it, you are considered “polished” in the market.
Interviewer: Tunir of “Thik Jeno Love Story” or Bishu from “Gouridaan”. Who is more close to you and why?
Somraj: Both of them are important to me. Tunir is close to my heart because I started my career with him but I can relate more to Bishu. He’s done everything from dance to romance to action to being seriously injured. I think Tunir relates more to the classier part of the society and Bishu is more me.
Interviewer: Statistics say that very few of those who are into television get chances in films. What is your opinion?
Somraj: I know of this notion and I’d love to change it. I do not believe that this is the case. I think there are many talented television actors and it is only a matter of doing your best and dealing with things properly.
Interviewer: Do you want to explore any other fields apart from acting?
Somraj: Well, I am currently involved in a web series with many big actors of the industry. I am producing it. And after I’ve gained enough experience, I want to get into editing and film-making. I love the entire process of story-telling.
Interviewer: What about your favourite actors, actresses and directors? Download photos from amazon cloud.
Jiyonkathi 21th October 2019
Somraj: I love Imtiaz Ali’s works; also Karan Johar and Rajkumar Santoshi. Talking about actors, they have to be Ranbir Kapoor and Ranvir Singh. And Deepika is my absolute favourite. I’d love to do all my films with her.
Interviewer: How would you describe yourself in three words?
Somraj: Confident, sweet and well, I plan all things down to the detail.
Interviewer: What message would you give to upcoming actors?
Jiyonkathi Serial Timing
Somraj: Stay cool, stay fit and be strategic. This is a wonderful world, but if you get too emotional, you’re done for.
Interviewer: What would you like to say to all of us at Laughalaughi?
Somraj: This has been a lot of fun. I wish Laughalaughi grows. It is a comparatively new idea in Kolkata and I’d love to see it be represented by more people and cover more events. I wish it all the best.
Jiyonkathi 25th October 2019
Interview by : Swarnadeep Paul