Jitsi Meet is a free open source video conference web application available for free use online or with desktop software.
Like Google Meet and Zoom video conferencing, You can easily create a Jitsi meeting in your browser within seconds without installing additional software or browser extensions.
But Jitsi Meet doesn’t require an account to use any of it’s ever-growing features:
- Screen sharing
- Group chat
- Collaborative document editing
- Integration with Google and Microsoft Calendar
- Integration with other popular collaborative software including Slack and MatterMost
There are also Jitsi Meet mobile apps for Apple and Android devices. Jitsi is a great option for quickly setting up a teleconference.
Below we’ll cover how to install Jitsi Meet and create a Jitsi meeting.
Only pay for the server resources you need with our multiple Cloud Server hosting options.
Install Jitsi Meet on Ubuntu Server
- Install the Jitsi repository key:
- Create a new repository sources file – sources.list.d – for the Jitsi repo:
- Install apt-transport-https to access packages with an SSL (HTTPS) connection:
- Update your Ubuntu server package lists:
- Install the Jitsi Meet full suite:
- When prompted, type your intended hostname or domain for the Jitsi URL
- Choose to use self-signed SSL (Let’s Encrypt) or your own preinstalled SSL
Regardless of your above choice, we recommend you install a free Let’s Encrypt SSL certicate with Certbot if you need an SSL rather than using an insecure (HTTP) connection.
Create a Meeting
- After installing Jitsi Meet, visit your Jitsi URL to create a video conference
- In the upper-right corner, select the Settings icon
- Here you can configure your camera, microphone, display name, Gravatar email, and language settings
- Select OK to save changes
- Add a meeting name and select GO to create a Jitsi meeting
Hello Slack fans! Very pleased to meet you!
If Slack is your messaging application of choice, you can now combine it with the power of Jitsi and very easily start video conversations with up to 50 (yes Fifty!) team mates or friends. Not only that, but you can also stream your conferences to YouTube, join with video through your mobile, call in over the plain old telephone network, edit documents together, and
collaborate in many other ways!
There’s no need to create an account. Just click below, and off you go!
So, What Does It Do?
Jitsi Meet Slack Download
This integration adds the /jitsi slash command for your team so that you can start a video conference in your channel, making it easy for everyone to just jump on the call.
In addition to simple video calls, Jitsi Meet also lets you join over the phone, stream to YouTube and collaboratively edit documents.
How Does It Work?
Jitsi Meet Slack App
The slash command, /jitsi, will drop a Jitsi conference link in the channel for all to join.
Mentioning one or more team mates, after /jitsi, will send personalized invites to each user mentioned.
Alright, How Does It Look?
Jitsi Meet uses a familiar user interface designed for you to completely forget about the tool and concentrate on the meeting.
Can I Use It On My Phone?
Jitsi Meet is available for iOS and Android. You can install and start using it now! Vacuum storage bags for blankets.
Can I find out more? Most certainly! If you like you can send us a message directly at [email protected]
Jitsi Meet Online
You are also welcome to peruse and post on our community forum. Answers from our community come at any point of day or night and it is very likely that whatever problem you have would have been solved there. Give it a try!