- This isn’t your standard oil change. Whether your vehicle needs conventional, high mileage, synthetic blend or full synthetic oil, the Jiffy Lube Signature Service® Oil Change is comprehensive preventive maintenance to check, change, inspect, flush, fill and clean essential systems and components of your vehicle. Plus, trained Jiffy Lube® Technicians go over a visual checklist to diagnose.
- Jiffy Lube® Technicians can advise you on the right oil change interval for your vehicle based on the way you drive. When you should consider synthetic motor oil. While conventional oils are fine for many vehicles, more and more manufacturers are requiring the use of synthetic motor oils.
- Boise Idaho area Jiffy Lube locations. Look up the address, map, phone number, hours of operation and automotive services offered. Find Boise area oil change locations.
View the latest Jiffy Lube prices for oil change and other services here. Jiffy Lube is an American service company and a subsidiary of Shell Oil, consisting of over 2,000 businesses in the US and Canada. Jiffy lube website. Jiffy Lube services offer a variety of automotive services including air filtration, air conditioning, cooling system, engine and more, and the company headquarters is currently in Houston, Texas.
Below are the latest Jiffy Lube prices.
Jiffy Lube Prices
Jiffy Lube Oil Change
|Pennzoil Conventional (Includes 5W-30 & 10W-30)||$44.99|
|Formula Shell Conventional (Includes 5W-20)||$44.99|
|Shell Rotella Triple Protection (Includes 15W-40)||$69.99|
Upgrade to Premium Oil
|Pennzoil High Mileage Vehicle||$69.99|
|Pennzoil Synthetic Blend||$71.99|
|Pennzoil Ultra Platinum||$99.99|
Additional Oil (per qt)
|Automatic Transmission Fluid/Filter Change||$154.99|
|T-TECH Transmission Service (100% full Synthetic fluid change)||$139.99|
|T-TECH Combo (with filter change)||$169.99|
|Gear Box Fluid Change||$44.99|
|Transmission Drain and Fill||$44.99|
|A/C Evacuation & Recharge Service||$134.99|
|Manual Transmission Service||$49.99|
|Radiator Antifreeze/Coolant Service||$99.99|
|Power Steering Flush Service||$59.99|
|Serpentine Belt Service||$79.99|
|Radiator Cap Replacement||$12.99|
|Coolant Top Off||$4.99|
|Battery Cleaning Service||$21.99|
Fuel Saver Services
|Fuel Filter Replacement||$69.99|
|Fuel System Cleaning Service||$76.99|
|Engine Air Filter Replacement||$15.99|
|Cabin Air Filter Replacement||$59.99|
|Rain-X Original Glass Treatment||$9.99|
|Windshield Glass Repair||$49.99|
|Headlight Restoration Service||$79.99|
|Conventional Wiper Blade (each)||$13.99|
|Beam Wiper Blades (each)||$24.99|
|Light Bulb Replacement/Assembly Service||$14.99|
|Lube Chassis Only||$15.99|
|Tire Rotation Service||$19.99|
|Safety Inspection & Emission Test||$35.99|
|Safety Inspection Only||$14.00|
|Emission Test Only||$25.00|
|Out-of-State Reg. Form||$1.00|
Jiffy Lube Locations and Services
12 reviews of Jiffy Lube 'This location is always excellent. The staff here are professional and helpful. They have even provided free, basic diagnostics and taken my used oil. Nice, honest guys. They explain things very well and never push anything on you. I used to change my own oil but it's so much easier to just trust these guys.' $5 off oil changes You can save on Jiffy Lube's Signature Service oil changes with a $5 off discount code. Types of offers may vary by location but there's always an opportunity to save on your oil change so you never have to pay full price.
Jiffy Lube’s 2,000 plus locations are franchised service centers and they serve approximately 24 million customers every year. These service centers are fully franchised and independently operated and owned by more than 250 groups. In 2011, the company was ranked number one on National Oil and Lube News, and in 2012 was ranked 15th in Entrepreneur Magazine’s 2012 Franchise 500.
Jiffy Lube offers a wide array of automotive related services including but not limited to tire services, transmission, electrical systems, drive train and more. In addition to affordable Jiffy Lube oil change price the company is known for its Signature Service Oil Change, as it is more than just your typical oil change service. Instead, it is a full automotive service complete with check, fill, inspection, preventive maintenance and cleaning of all important components so your vehicle continues to run smoothly and without any problems.
The Signature Service Oil Change includes change of up to 5 quarts of high quality oil and inspection of wiper blades, exterior lights, the engine air filtration system, checking of the coolant and antifreeze components, wiper blades, belts, brake fluid levels and the chassis. If necessary, the chassis will also be lubricated. In addition to low cost Jiffy Lube oil change price, the Signature Oil Change will also conduct inspections on the other vital components in your vehicle and clean the windows and interior floor.
Aside from those Jiffy Lube services, Jiffy Lube also offers free motor oil top-offs with the same kind of oil you bought up to 3000 miles. In addition to this, the company will also conduct a thorough visual inspection, so that if there’s a problem they’ll be able to spot it immediately and have it repaired. Senior citizen discounts are also offered in many locations, and when you visit, the personnel will clearly explain all services available so you can make the best choice.
Jiffy Lube History
The company’s roots can be traced to Edwin H. Washburn, who opened the first store in 36th Street in Ogden, Utah in 1971. The venture was successful, and through the years Washburn franchised several Lube centers in the state. Eight years later in 1979, W. James Hindman purchased all of Washburn’s franchises and set up the Lube service in earnest. The company relocated to Baltimore, Maryland that same year, and the company views this as the beginning of their history with Hindman as the founder.
In 1987 the company went public and two years later had more than 1,000 franchises. In 1991 the company became a subsidiary of Pennzoil, and when Pennzoil and Quaker State merged in 1998, the Lube and 581 Q Lube stores combined, ending up with 1,541 stores.
In 2002, Pennzoil-Quaker was bought by Shell, bringing Lube into its fold. The President of Jiffy Lube is Stu Crum, and the President of their North American stores is Peter Walsh.
For more information on Jiffy Lube prices and their services or to find the closest Jiffy Lube locations, visit their website. Don’t forget to check out our Jiffy Lube Coupons page for Jiffy Lube discounts and specials.
Jiffy Lube Hours
|Monday||8:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Tuesday||8:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Wednesday||8:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Thursday||8:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Saturday||8:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Sunday||10:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Type||Wholly owned subsidiary|
|Founded||1971; 50 years ago|
Ogden, Utah, U.S.
|Founder||Edwin H. Washburn|
|Headquarters||Houston, Texas, U.S.|
Number of locations
|over 2,200 (2008)|
|Edward Hymes, President|
|Owner||Royal Dutch Shell|
Jiffy Lube is an American brand of automotiveoil change specialty shops founded in Utah, United States, in 1971. It has been a subsidiary of Royal Dutch Shell since 2002, and is headquartered in Houston, Texas.
There are about 2,000 Jiffy Lube franchises in North America, all of them independently owned by 252 operators, with about 24 million customers each year as of 2002. The company was ranked first on National Oil and Lube News 2011 Tops in the Fast Lubes Industry Rankings. Also, Jiffy Lube was ranked number 15 in Entrepreneur Magazine’s 2012 Franchise 500 and number 73 on Franchise Times 2011 Top 200 Franchise Chains by Worldwide Sales.
The first Jiffy Lube store was established on 36th Street in Ogden, Utah by Edwin H. Washburn as early as 1971. Over the following years, Washburn franchised a number of Jiffy Lube stores within Utah. In 1979, a footballcoach at Western Maryland College, W. James Hindman bought out Washburn's seven franchises and established Jiffy Lube International, relocating the headquarters to Baltimore, Maryland. It is this year which Jiffy Lube generally states as its founding date with Hindman as its founder.
Jiffy Lube went public in 1987, and had opened 1,020 franchises and company stores by 1989. In 1991, Jiffy Lube became a subsidiary of Pennzoil.
Jiffy Oil Change Price
Following the merger of Pennzoil and Quaker State in 1998, the 581 Q Lube stores were merged into the Jiffy Lube brand, then possessing 1,541 stores, with overlapping operations being closed down. Pennzoil-Quaker State was ultimately purchased by Shell Oil Company in 2002.
In June 2011, Jiffy Lube introduced a new program called Oil Change Schedule (OCS). The new program allows Jiffy Lube customers to choose how often they have their oil changed based on a number of variables including vehicle manufacturer recommendations, driving habits, and road conditions. The OCS program moves away from the old model of changing oil every 3,000 miles and provides a schedule that is unique for each driver.
Jiffy Oil Coupon
In 2003, Jiffy Lube was the focus of a KNBC investigative report that alleged that Jiffy Lube was charging customers for services not performed. During the investigation, five out of nine Jiffy Lube locations charged undercover reporters for work that was not performed. After the investigation aired, Jiffy Lube claimed to perform sweeping changes to their training program to prevent this; however, according to an interviewee, those training changes included how to spot investigative journalists. At the end of the investigation, Jiffy Lube installed cameras in their stores to allow customers to observe repairs.
In 2009, Jiffy Lube was found to be performing repair procedures on vehicles that were recommended against by the manufacturer due to the potential to cause engine damage. These procedures included engine flushes and fuel injection cleaning which can cause engine and fuel injection problems.
In May 2013, Los Angeles Jiffy Lube locations were again the subject of a KNBC investigation. The station reported that not only had fraudulent practices again been detected at the majority of investigated Southern California Jiffy Lube stores, but the current fraud was worse than that found in the original investigation.
- ^Hohmann, George (2008-06-12). 'Jiffy Lube locations in W.Va. shut down'. Charleston Daily Mail. p. P9A.
- ^'Spectrio Case Study: Jiffy Lube International, Inc'. Spectrio. Retrieved 4 May 2012.
- ^'2011 TOPS in the INDUSTRY RANKINGS A publication of National Oil & Lube News'(PDF). National Oil & Lube News. Archived from the original(PDF) on 30 January 2012. Retrieved 4 May 2012.
- ^'2012 Franchise 500 Rankings'. Entrepreneur. Retrieved 4 May 2012.
- ^'2011 Top Franchise Times TOP 200™ Franchise Systems'(PDF). Franchise Times: 52. October 2011. Archived from the original(PDF) on 21 May 2012. Retrieved 4 May 2012.
- ^Francis, JaNae (2001-01-17). 'Ogden, Utah, Site of Original Jiffy Lube Goes Up in Flames'. Ogden Standard-Examiner.
- ^Hinden, Stan (1986-06-16). 'Jiffy Lube, 'McDonald's of the Car-Service Industry,' Goes Public'. The Washington Post. p. 39.
- ^House, Dawn (2009-02-13). 'Jiffy Lube traces its history to Ogden'. The Salt Lake Tribune.
- ^ abWirebach, John (October 2001). 'Fast times for fast lubes'. Aftermarket Business. Cleveland, Ohio: Advanstar Communications. 111 (10): 1. ISSN0892-1121. OCLC300286805.
- ^Colbert, Catherine (April 1, 2010). 'Jiffy Lube International, Inc'. Hoover's Company Records.
- ^'The Man at the Top (Continued)'. National Oil & Lube News. Archived from the original on 21 February 2013. Retrieved 4 May 2012.
- ^Joel Grover (August 27, 2006). 'KNBC Undercover Jiffy Lube Investigation (Jiffy Lube Scam Caught on Tape!)'. youtube.com. Retrieved February 27, 2013.
- ^Grover, Joel; Goldberg, Matt. 'Is Your Mechanic Cheating?'. NBC Los Angeles. Retrieved 2011-08-03.
- ^Grover, Joel; Goldberg, Matt. 'Is Your Mechanic Cheating? Part 2'. NBC Los Angeles. Retrieved 2011-08-03.
- ^Joel Grover; Matt Goldberg (January 26, 2009). 'Could This Damage Your Car?'. nbclosangeles.com. Retrieved February 27, 2013.
- ^Grover, Joel; Henao, Chris; Drechsler, Phil (14 May 2013). ''You Were Robbed': NBC4 I-Team Exposes New 'Tricks and Tactics' at Jiffy Lube Stores'. NBC4 Los Angeles. Retrieved 16 May 2013.
- Official website