We have just launched a fresh new Kogito Tooling release! On the 0.8.5 release, we made many improvements and bug fixes.
We are also happy to announce a new PMML Scorecard Editor and, also, that our editors are now available on Eclipse Theia Upstream (built from theia master).
- Eclipse Theia is a framework on which organisations can build and brand their own products, on the desktop or online, rather than a standalone editor. The Eclipse Foundation has considerable form when it comes to code wranglers, being responsible for the Java-based Eclipse IDE (which is rapidly approaching 20 years since its own version 1.0.
- Vs Code Plugin Scanner; Variables. This program and the accompanying materials are made available under the terms of the Eclipse Public License v.
May 05, 2020 Eclipse Theia is built, distributed, and used under the Eclipse Public License, a commercial-friendly open source license approved by the Open Source Initiative. The VS Code repository on GitHub includes code that is licensed by MIT, but the VS Code distribution is released under a proprietary Microsoft product license. VS Code extensions. The Eclipse Theia plugin protocol has been implemented in an extensible fashion and conforms to the VS Code API. This will allow some VS Code extensions to run inside of Theia. The API support will determine which extensions are compatible. For example, it is currently possible to use the SonarLint VS Code extension from VS. Oct 31, 2019 The Eclipse Theia IDE is an open source platform to build web- and cloud-based tools, as an alternative to VS Code. However, Theia is compatible to VS Code in terms of extensions. In this article, we describe how to install and use VS Code plugins in the Eclipse Theia IDE and Eclipse Che (which uses Theia as the default IDE).
This post will give a quick overview of what is included on this release.
PMML Scorecard Editor (alpha) hits VSCode Market Place
We are happy to announce that we have a new VS Code extension: PMML Editor. It allows you to create and edit PMML 4.4 (.pmml) Scorecard files.
This new editor is in the alpha stage, and we are looking for feedback from the community. We hope you enjoy it!
Eclipse Theia and Open VSIX Store
Eclipse Theia is an extensible framework based on VS Code to develop full-fledged multi-language Cloud & Desktop IDE-like products with state-of-the-art web technologies. Recently, Theia’s team merged a PR, allowing support for CustomEditor API.
In practice, this means that from now on, our BPMN, DMN and editors can run on Eclipse Theia upstream (you can build it from theia master and run), take a look on this demo:
Eclipse Theia Vs Code Editor
Eclipse Theia uses Open VSX Registry, and from now on, all our releases will also be available on Open VSX store.
New Features, fixed issues, and improvements
We also made some new features, a lot of refactorings and improvements, with highlights to:
- KOGITO-204 - Implement a integration tests using Cypress for online channel
- KOGITO-4242 - Migrate VS Code Extension release job to new Jenkins instance
- KOGITO-4666 - Converge the CSS to avoid conflicts between PF3 and PF4
- FAI-362 - Score Cards: Integrate with VS Code channel
- KOGITO-3762 - Enable Bpmn and Dmn PR tests
- KOGITO-4627 - Run standalone tests with Chrome instead of Electron
Fixed issues in Kogito:
Theia Vs Code
- KOGITO-4628 - Fix running online editor integration tests in CI
- KOGITO-4257 - Importing and modeling decision models is too slow for productive modeling
- KOGITO-4265 - [DMN Designer] Decision Services - The parameters order in the properties panel is not correct
- KOGITO-4368 - DMN Editor wrong edge arrow tip connection on reopen
- KOGITO-4500 - [DMN Designer] DMN schema/model validation errors when model has AUTO-SOURCE or AUTO-TARGET connections
- KOGITO-4533 - Scesim assets are broken in VS Code extension
- KOGITO-4539 - [DMN Designer] DMN takes too long to open models with too many nodes
We had some excellent talks recently at the KIE youtube channel:
- Dev Nation Building successful business Java apps: How to deliver more, code less, and communicate better, by Alex;
- KieLive#26 How to embed DMN and BPMN editors in your own application, by Paulo;
- KieLive#25 Using VSCode to build and deploy services in a real-world decision scenario: COVID-19, by Adriel/
I would also like to recommend some recent articles: Fridge space saver organizer.
- New enhancements on DMN Editor Decision Services Experience, by Guilherme;
- Modeling and Development of Decision Services: DMN with Kogito, by Matteo;
- 3 Steps to Author BPMN and DMN assets on GitHub Codespaces, by Eder.
Eclipse Theia Vscode Plugins
Thank you to everyone involved!
Eclipse Theia Vs Code Of Ethics
I want to thank everyone involved with this release, from the excellent KIE Tooling Engineers to the lifesavers QEs and the UX people that help us look fabulous!