Yes, 4.0 M3 is the minimum version that supports Luna. The upcoming versions will support Luna as well, but there are no plans to support older version of the Scala IDE on Luna. Therefore, if you don't want to build an older version of Scala IDE, where you successfully included Luna support, there is no other way than to use 4.0M3+.
Eclipse was inspired by the Smalltalk-based VisualAge family of integrated development environment (IDE) products. Although fairly successful, a major drawback of the VisualAge products was that developed code was not in a component-based software engineering model. Instead, all code for a project was held in a compressed lump (somewhat like a. Eclipse Luna comes with in-built Dark theme. We need not to install any plugin to get dark theme in eclipse Luna. Eclipse Luna ships with dark theme. The new dark theme of Eclipse Luna provides syntax highlighter settings for different programming language. Find the steps to change to dark theme in Eclipse Luna. Step 1: Go to Window. The upcoming versions will support Luna as well, but there are no plans to support older version of the Scala IDE on Luna. Therefore, if you don't want to build an older version of Scala IDE, where you successfully included Luna support, there is no other way than to use 4.0M3+.
Eclipse Luna includes official support for Java™ 8 in the Java development tools, Plug-in Development Tools, Object Teams, Eclipse Communication Framework, Maven integration, Xtext, Xtend, Web Tools Platform, and Memory Analyzer. The Eclipse compiler includes language enhancements, search and refactoring, Quick Assist and Clean Up to migrate anonymous classes to lambda expressions and back, and new formatter options for lambdas.
Luna highlights include: Thendral serial.
- Full support for Java™ 8
- The workbench provides a new dark theme, split editors, line numbers on by default, reduced whitespace in default presentation, and ability to hide the 'quick access' bar.
- Sirius allows architects to easily create their own graphical modeling workbenches by leveraging the Eclipse modeling technologies, including Eclipse Modeling Framework (EMF) and Graphical Modeling Framework (GMF)
- Equinox includes a full implementation of the R6 Core Framework as well as several compendium service implementations
- ECF's implementation of OSGi Remote Service/Remote Service Admin standard has been enhanced to use Java 8's CompleteableFuture for asynchronous remote services.
- Code Recommenders integrates the Snipmatch code snippet search engine and adds the ability to easily contribute new snippets to a shared repository.
- The new QVTi debugger extends the new OCL debugger.
- Paho provides open source implementations of open and standard messaging protocols that support current and emerging requirements of M2M integration with Web and Enterprise middleware and applications.
- EMF Forms as part of the EMF Client Platform provides a completely new way for the efficient development of form-based user interfaces.
- The UML 2.5 specification is now supported and UML diagrams may be validated against the OCL embedded in UML profiles.
- EcoreTools, the graphical modeler for Ecore, has been completely re-implemented based on Sirius and provides a nicer graphical design, support for documenting your model, specifying domain constraints and modeling Generic Types.
- The Eclipse workbench provides a new dark theme which includes a fitting syntax highlighter setting for the editor of several programming languages.
- TCF Terminal supports an integrated command-line view on Windows, Linux and Mac
- The PHP Development Tools come with support for PHP 5.5 and improved performance in the PHP editor. The 'Eclipse for PHP Developers' package on the Eclipse download site provides an easier way to start developing PHP applications.
- The Gyrex 1.3 release now includes a distributed event bus which leverages the new full Websocket support for easier communication across nodes in a cluster.
- Memory Analyzer now analyzes heap dumps from Java 8, including the Java 8 collection classes.
- There is now a standalone C/C++ debugger application added to the CDT. It is now possible to debug an application via the command line and have an Eclipse UI debugger pop up.
|Eclipse Accessibility Tools Framework||1.2.0|
|Eclipse BPEL Designer||1.0.4|
|Eclipse BPMN2 Modeler Project||1.1.0|
|Eclipse Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools (BIRT)||4.4.0|
|Eclipse Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN2)||1.0|
|Eclipse C/C++ Development Tooling (CDT)||8.4.0|
|Eclipse CDO Model Repository||4.3.0|
|Eclipse Code Recommenders||2.1.0|
|Eclipse Communication Framework||3.8.0|
|Eclipse Data Tools Platform||1.12.0|
|Eclipse Dynamic Languages Toolkit||5.0.0|
|Eclipse Ecore Tools||2.0.0|
|Eclipse EGit: Git Integration for Eclipse||3.4.0|
|Eclipse EMF Client Platform||1.3.0|
|Eclipse EMF Compare||3.0.0|
|Eclipse EMF Diff/Merge||0.3.0|
|Eclipse EMF Facet||0.4.0|
|Eclipse EMF Query||1.8.0|
|Eclipse EMF Transaction||1.8.0|
|Eclipse EMF Validation||1.8.0|
|Eclipse Extended Editing Framework (EEF)||1.3.0|
|Eclipse Generation Factories (EGF)||1.2.0|
|Eclipse GMF Notation||1.8.0|
|Eclipse GMF Runtime||1.8.0|
|Eclipse GMF Tooling||3.2.0|
|Eclipse Graphical Editing Framework (GEF)||3.9.100 (Luna)|
|Eclipse Gyrex Project||1.3.0|
|Eclipse JGit: Java implementation of Git||3.4.0|
|Eclipse Jubula Functional Testing Tool||2.3.0 (Luna)|
|Eclipse Linux Tools||3.0.0|
|Eclipse Marketplace Client||1.3|
|Eclipse Maven Integration||1.5.0|
|Eclipse Maven Integration for Web Tools Platform||1.1.0|
|Eclipse MDT UML2||5.0.0|
|Eclipse MDT XSD (XML Schema Definition)||2.10.0|
|Eclipse Memory Analyzer||1.4.0|
|Eclipse Modeling Workflow Engine||2.6.0|
|Eclipse Object Teams||2.3.0|
|Eclipse OCL (Object Constraint Language)||5.0.0|
|Eclipse Packaging Project||4.4.0|
|Eclipse Paho||1.0.0 (Luna)|
|Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform (PTP)||8.0.0|
|Eclipse PHP Development Tools||3.3|
|Eclipse QVT Operational||3.4.0|
|Eclipse QVTd (QVT Declarative)||0.11.0|
|Eclipse Remote Application Platform||2.3.0|
|Eclipse Stardust||2.0.0 (Luna)|
|Eclipse Subversive SVN Team Provider||2.0|
|Eclipse Target Communication Framework||1.2.0|
|Eclipse Target Management: Terminal and Remote System Explorer (RSE)||3.6.0|
|Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project||3.6.0|
|Model Focusing Tools||0.9.3|
The upcoming version is named 2020-09 that should be out somewhere in Sept 2020.
List of Eclipse flavors released over the years,
|Version||Release Date||Platform Version||Projects|
|Callisto||30 June 2006||3.2||Callisto projects|
|Europa||29 June 2007||3.3||Europa projects|
|Ganymede||25 June 2008||3.4||Ganymede projects|
|Galileo||24 June 2009||3.5||Galileo projects|
|Helios||23 June 2010||3.6||Helios projects|
|Indigo||22 June 2011||3.7||Indigo projects|
|Juno||27 June 2012||3.8 and 4.2||Juno projects|
|Kepler||26 June 2013||4.3||Kepler projects|
|Luna||25 June 2014||4.4||Luna projects|
|Mars||24 June 2015||4.5||Mars projects|
|Neon||June 2016||4.6||Neon projects|
|Oxygen||June 2017||4.7||Oxygen projects|
|Photon||June 2018||4.8||Photon projects|
|2018-09||September 2018||4.9||Neon projects|
|2018-12||December 2018||4.10||2018-12 projects|
|2019-03||March 2019||4.11||2019-03 projects|
|2019-06||June 2019||4.12||2019-06 projects|
|2019-09||September 2019||14.13||2019-09 projects|
|2019-12||December 2019||14.14||2019-12 projects|
|2020-03||March 2020||14.15||2020-03 projects|
|2020-06||June 2020||14.16||2020-06 projects|
|2020-09 (planned)||September 2020||14.17||2020-09 projects|
⚡️ Did you know? : Eclipse versions have been named after different celestial bodies, more specifically planets or planets natural satellites such as Europa, Ganymede, Callisto, Galileo and Luna.
⚠️ Update: Eclipse Mars 4.5 version is available now: it supports Java version 8.
⚠️ Update: Post Oxygen release in June 2020, all later versions are named as yyyy-MM format!
- Oh why did they stopped using the celestial names? It was not so difficult to know which one was the latest one as it was all released in alphabetical order, anyways! Having a quarter release with the year and month name seems just like IntelliJ IDE's.
- Further comments disabled!
Eclipse Luna Ide DownloadMore Posts:
Eclipse Luna Ide For Java Ee Developers
- [Solved] Notepad++ Menu Bar Missing - NotepadPlusPlus
- Copy all .vcf Mobile Contacts files into one .vcf - HowTos
- Add blank lines after each lines using Notepad++ text editor - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to set background color for android layout pragmatically using java and through xml - Android
- Share or Send SMS via Android Intent - Android
- Android Emulator window was out of view and was recentered - Android-Studio
- Multiline EditText in Android Example - Android
- Right Align Text in Bootstrap framework - Bootstrap
- SharePoint 2016 error - Could not find file ManageUserProfileServiceApplicationTenantSimplified.xml - SharePoint
- Division between two numbers - C-Program
- Android Emulator 5.1.1 not loading on Mac OS X Android Studio - Android-Studio
- How to remove disable google search blue triangle - Google
- How to update Android Studio - Android-Studio
- Add Buttons at the bottom of Android Layout xml file - Android