Resetting Mac to factory settings offers a simple and effective way to counter MacOS problems. It is an easy way to wipe the Macbook of unwanted data and gives it a new life. Also if you are considering selling or giving away your device you should always Wipe your Macbook so that no one can access your data.
Are you wondering how to clean my Mac utilities app? Our guide here will discuss some of the efficient methods to reset Mac to factory settings. Read ahead to learn more about how to factory reset Mac and wipe away all your data from it.
Learn how to use the Esc (Escape) button or its alternatives on a MacBook Pro with Touch Bar. Pada artikel ini woiden akan menguraikan langkah mudah untuk memuat ulang atau reset pabrik MacBook Pro selayaknya baru pertama kali dibeli dengan keseluruhan pengaturan menjadi default atau bawaan. I have a MacBook Pro Mid 2012. I bring it with me on campus every day. I always put my MacBook to sleep after using it and before putting it in its sleeve and in my backpack. For some reason, a couple of weeks ago when I went to take my computer out of my backpack about an hour after. Download macbook pro a1286 recovery disk: free djvu on i.autoyuristy.site.
Before performing a factory reset for your Mac device ensure that you have a proper backup so that no personal information is compromised and it avoids you from suffering any data losses. Also ensure that you sign out from iMessage, iCloud and other accounts before you factory reset your Mac device.
How To Completely Wipe A Mac Methods To Factory Reset Mac
Resetting Mac to factory settings is an efficient way to give your old PC a new life and also offers an easy way to erase data and deep clear Mac devices to remove any leftover traces.
So, without wasting any more time, let’s learn from scratch how to erase everything from the Mac laptop.
1. Restart Your Mac Device
If you are trying to restore Mac to factory settings then restarting your device is the first step towards it. Doing this is exceptionally easy, just hold the power button until a dialogue box appears on your Mac screen, choose the Restart button from the list of options displayed.
Alternatively, you can also click on the Apple button located on the top left corner of your device screen and then choose restart from the drop-down list.
To reset Mac to factory settings you can also use keyboard shortcuts. Simultaneously press Control + Command + Eject button.
2. Open In Recovery Mode
Yet another useful method to reset Mac to factory settings. Open your device in Recovery Mode by pressing the Command + R key on the keyboard until the Apple sign appears on the screen. Doing this will boot your device in Recovery mode. Now enter the set user id and password to access the device. Here you can access help documentations, erase data, create Time Machine backup, install new OS and also repair all the damaged and problematic disks.
Read Also: Best App for Removing Duplicate Photos on Mac
3. Erase your Data
Completely Wipe Out And Restart Macbook Pro
Wondering how to reset Mac to factory settings, follow simple steps to get the job done. So, once you are finished restarting your device, it’s time to clear your Macbook along with the data stored on it.
- Under the Internal Headings pick the relevant startup disk.
- Now from the Disk Utility Window click on the Erase button.
- A new dialog box will appear on your Mac screen.
- To Wipe your Macbook, set the format to Journaled.
- Now click on the Erase button.
- Wait for the process to complete, Once it is done choose The Quit Disk Utility option from the top left corner of your device screen.
These simple steps provide an easy way on how to completely wipe a Mac device, but an important point to remember here is that once you erase your data you cannot recover it under any circumstances. So we recommend you to have a proper backup to avoid any data losses before you wipe your Macbooks.
Read Also: What is The Best Antivirus Software for Mac
4. Reinstall MacOS
If you are considering selling your Mac device you should be well aware of how to reset Mac to factory settings to avoid giving unwanted access to your private data to anyone else. The next step to factory reset Mac is to reinstall macOS on your device. For this follow simple steps as mentioned below:
- Launch the Mac Utilities Screen.
- Then select the Reinstall option and follow the steps as described.
- Doing this will install a clear version of the operating system on your Mac device.
5. Restore From Backup
So, once you are through following the above steps, now is the time to restore the backup to created before resetting Mac to factory settings.
Important Things to Do Before You Restore Mac To Factory Settings
Now that you have learned how to completely wipe a Mac, here are a few important points to remember. There are greater chances that you might suffer data loss while Wiping your Macbook, so if you don’t want to lose any important data here are a few recommended actions that you should be well aware of.
- Create Backup: Before your clear Mac ensure that you have created a proper backup of all your important files and data. Usually, people tend to underestimate this step but regret later on as once you factory reset your Mac device there is no chance that you can recover your data.
- Sign out of iCloud: Another important point to remember before you reset Mac to factory settings is to sign out of your iCloud account. To do so, open the Apple menu, then choose Apple ID from the System Preferences option. In the next step choose iCloud and deactivate the Find My Mac option. To finish, open the Overview section and click on the Sign Out button. Remember doing this before you device to reset Mac to factory settings.
- Sign Out of iTunes: This step does not hold any relevance for users who are working on macOS Catalina, but for others, it is an important step to remember while resetting mac to factory settings. Follow the steps to sign out of iTunes, Account > Authorizations > Deauthorize your device.
- Sign out of iMessage: Doing this is fairly simple, just launch the Messages app on your device, then choose the Messages option followed by the Preferences button. Select the iMessage button and finally click on the Sign Out button.
- Unpair Bluetooth: Another recommender step to consider before you Wipe your Macbook is to unpair Bluetooth connection. Apple menu> System Preferences > Bluetooth > Unpair all the connected devices.
Read Also: Best Free App Uninstaller For Mac
Final Words: Factory Reset Mac Wipe Macbook Completely
We hope our guide on how to completely wipe a Mac Dexley mesh chair review. has been of great assistance to you and has been able to clear all your doubts around it. The above-mentioned step will help you reset your Mac to factory settings with utmost perfection and ease.
If your MacBook Pro stuck on white screen, do you know how to fix it? In this post, MiniTool Software will show you some solutions that are proved to be effective. On the other hand, if you lose your Mac files by mistake, you can use Stellar Data Recovery for Mac to get them back.
Quick Navigation :
What Is Mac White Screen?
MacBook Pro stuck on white screen is an issue that usually happens when you boot up your Mac. When this issue happens, your Mac Pro just boots into a white screen. Sometimes, there is an Apple logo or other kinds of icons in the middle of the screen. Sometimes, it is just a blank white screen. So, it is also called MacBook Pro White Screen of Death.
This issue can happen to all models of Mac computers like MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac, iMac Pro, and more. If you don’t take measures to solve this issue, you will be unable to use your Mac successfully.
If you encounter MacBook Pro white screen, do you know how to fix it? Don’t worry. In this post, we will show you some effective methods. These methods are available for all Mac Computers.
How to Fix Mac White Screen?
- Force Restart Your Mac Computer
- Check the Connected Hardware
- Use Safe Mode
- Reset PRAM/NVRAM
- Use Disk Utility
- Reinstall macOS
Solution 1: Force Restart Your Mac Computer
At times, the issue of iMac/iMac Pro/MacBook Air/MacBook Pro stuck on white screen is just caused by some temporary issues on your Mac. To get rid of these temporary errors, you can simply force restart your Mac computer.
Why rebooting a computer fixes problems? This post tells you what does restarting your computer do and why it can solve your computer issues in this post.
Here is how to force restart a Mac computer that is stuck on White Screen of Death:
Press the Power button (or the Touch ID/Eject button depending on the Mac model you are using), press & hold the Command-Control keys at the same time. When you see the Mac screen goes blank and restarts, you can release the two keys.
Now, you can check whether your Mac can start up normally without booting into white screen. If not, you need to use other methods to solve the issue. Keep reading.
Solution 2: Check the Connected Hardware
The connected external devices can also cause Mac white screen. But, you don’t know which one is the real cause. So, you need to disconnect all external devices from your Mac and then boot your computer to check whether the issue disappears.
If your Mac can boot successfully, you can re-connect the external devices one at a time until you find the one that gives rise to iMac/iMac Pro/MacBook Air/MacBook Pro stuck on White Screen of Death.
You should not use the faulty device anymore. If you have to use it, you can replace it with a normal or new one.
Solution 3: Use Safe Mode
If both of the above methods can’t solve your issue, there perhaps are some software issues on your Mac computer. You can access Safe Mode to find and fix software issues on your Mac.
Here is one thing you should note: The ways to access Safe Mode on your Mac are different according to the processor using on your Mac.
Some certain Mac models introduced in late 2020, Apple began the transition from Intel processors to Apple silicon. Till now, the Mac computers that are using Apple silicon include MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020), MacBook Air (M1, 2020), and Mac mini (M1, 2020). Other models are still using an Intel processor.
If you are using an Intel-based Mac, you can follow this guide to enter Safe Mode:
- Press and hold the Power button on your Mac until it shuts down completely.
- Wait about 10 seconds. Then, press the Power button and press & hold the Shift key immediately.
- Release the Shift key when you see the login screen. You can see the red Safe Mode on the upper-right side of the screen.
If you are using a Mac with Apple silicon, you can follow this guide to enter Safe Mode:
- Press and hold the Power button on your Mac until it shuts down completely.
- Wait about 10 seconds. Then, press and hold the Power button until you see the startup disks and Options.
- Press and hold the Shift key, and then click Continue in Safe Mode.
Safe Mode can automatically find and solve software issues on your Mac. Then, you can reboot your Mac to see whether the Mac white screen issue disappears.
If the issue persists, you can try the next solution.
Solution 4: Reset PRAM/NVRAM
Both Parameter Random-Access Memory (PRAM) and Non-volatile Random-Access Memory (NVRAM) store the settings about sound volume, display resolution, startup disk selection, time zone, and recent kernel panic information.
If your Mac is stuck on white screen, you can consider resetting PRAM/NVRAM to have a try.
Here are the things you should do:
1. Shut down your Mac. Since your MacBook Pro stuck on white screen, you need to press the Power button for a while until your Mac shuts down completely.
2. Press the Power button and immediately press & hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R.
3. 20 seconds later, you can release the keys and then you can discover that your Mac might appear to restart.
You can also release the keys based on the following two situations:
- If your Mac can play a startup sound, you can release the keys after you hear the second startup sound.
- If your Mac is using the Apple T2 Security Chip, you can release the keys after you see the Apple logo appears and disappears for the second time.
Now, you can check whether your Mac can boot normally without stuck on white screen.
Solution 5: Use Disk Utility
Use Disk Utility to Repair Your Mac Drive
If there is something wrong with your Mac drive, White Screen of Death can also occur. You can use Disk Utility to check and repair your Mac drive.
Since your Mac computer can’t boot normally, you need to enter Mac Recovery Mode and then use Disk Utility.
- Press and hold the Power button on your Mac until it shuts down completely.
- Press the Power button and then press & hold the Command-R keys when you hear the startup sound.
- Release these two keys when the Apple logo appears.
- When you see the macOS Utilities interface, you need to select Disk Utility to continue.
- Find the drive you want to repair and then select First Aid. Disk Utility will begin to check and repair the found errors on the drive. In the end, it will also show you the status of the selected drive.
If this tool can fix the issues it finds in the drive, everything will be OK. You can reboot your Mac to see whether it is normal now.
However, if the status shows that the Mac drive will fail soon, we think you should reformat the drive to try to fix the problem.
Use Disk Utility to Reformat Mac Drive
Reformatting a Mac drive will delete all files in it. If these files are important for you, you need to back them up in advance. However, your Mac is unbootable now. How to back up its data? You can use Stellar Data Recovery for Mac Bootable Edition to rescue your Mac data.
How to Rescue Data if Your MacBook Pro Stuck on White Screen?
Stellar Data Recovery for Mac is a professional Mac data recovery software. It has a bootable edition that allows you to rescue files from an unbootable Mac computer.
However, you need to use the professional edition or more advanced edition to create a boot drive and then make your computer boot from the drive. Next, you can use this software to rescue your Mac data. You can go to the MiniTool Software official store to select a suitable edition.
Step 1: Create a Bootable Drive
Before you create a bootable drive, you need to prepare a USB drive with at least 8GB size. Besides, there should be no important files in the drive because the creating process will delete all files in the UAB drive.
1. Connect the USB drive to your Mac.
Hard Restart Macbook Pro
2. Download and install this Mac data recovery software on a normal working Mac computer.
3. Open the software and register it with the license key you receive in your email.
4. Click the Click here link at the bottom-left side.
5. Select the connected USB drive and click Create Recovery Drive to start the creating process.
6. When the creating process ends, you will receive a pop-up interface. Click OK.
Step 2: Rescue Your Mac Files
Completely Reset Macbook Pro
Here, you need to prepare an external data storage drive that has enough space to save your Mac files and connect it to your Mac.
1. Unplug the USB drive from the normal working Mac computer and then connect it to your Mac.
2. Press the Power button and then immediately press & hold the Option key.
3. Release the key when you see the startup manager screen.
4. Select RecoveryDrive and press Return. Then, your MacBook Pro will boot from this Stellar recovery drive.
5. You will enter the macOS Utilities Then, select StellarDataRecovery and click Continue.
6. Now, you enter the software. Select your needed data types and click Next.
7. Select the drive you want to recover data from. Besides, if you want to perform a deep scan, you need to enable this feature by turning on the button for Deep Scan that is at the bottom-left side. Then, click Scan to continue.
8. After scanning, you can see the scan results. Next, select your needed files and click Recover.
9. A small interface pops up. Then, you need to click Browse and select the connected external storage drive to save the selected files.
10. Click Save to save the files.
Now, your Mac files are safe. You can feel free to reformat the drive to fix Mac white screen.
Macbook Pro Not Restarting
Reformat the Mac Drive
You still need to use the method mentioned in the Use Disk Utility to Repair Mac Drive section to enter Disk Utility. Then, select the target drive and click Erase to format it.
Solution 6: Reinstall macOS
This method should be your last choice. It can fix your software issues that can’t be solved by the above solutions. You can refer to this post to reinstall your macOS: How to reinstall macOS.
We hope the methods mentioned in this article can help you solve MacBook Pro stuck on white screen. If you encounter some related issues, you can let us know in the comment. You can also contact us via [email protected].