|Directed by||K. S. Gopalakrishnan|
|Screenplay by||K. S. Gopalakrishnan|
by Vai. Mu. Kothainayaki
|Music by||M. S. Viswanathan|
|Edited by||R. Devarajan|
|Distributed by||Chitra Productions|
|14 January 1966|
Chitthi (Tamil: சித்தி; transl. Stepmother) is a 1966 Indian Tamil language film, directed by K. S. Gopalakrishnan. The film stars Padmini and Gemini Ganesan. It is based on the play Dayanidhi written by Vai. Mu. Kothainayaki. The film was remade in Hindi as Aurat, in Malayalam as Achante Bharya, in Telugu as Pinni and in Kannada as Chikkamma.
- Padmini as Meenakshi
- Gemini Ganesan as Muthaiyya
- Muthuraman as Balu
- Nagesh as Mani
- M. R. Radha as Periyasamy
- Vijaya Nirmala as Saroja
- Sundari Bai as Periyasamy's mother
- Radha Bai
The film was an adaptation of stage play Dayanidhi written by Vai. Mu. Kothainayaki.
Chithi 2 Serial Today Episode
24 hour utc to est converter. According to the book Beyond Bollywood, Chitthi subverts the wicked stepmother trope by making her a figure of suffering and sacrifice, protecting her stepchildren from her callous and irresponsible husband.
Chiththi is a common word used in TN to refer to the Younger Sister of one’s Mother or wife of the Younger Brother of one’s father. Also one’s father’s second wife is too mentioned as Chiththi. But I know that there was a Tamil TV serial with the name Chiththi, which was directed and acted by MR Radhika, the retired Cine Actress. Chitthi (Tamil: சித்தி; transl. Stepmother) is a 1966 Indian Tamil language film, directed by K. Gopalakrishnan.The film stars Padmini and Gemini Ganesan.It is based on the play Dayanidhi written by Vai. The film was remade in Hindi as Aurat, in Malayalam as Achante Bharya, in Telugu as Pinni and in Kannada as Chikkamma. Directed by Nabyendu Chatterjee. With Sandhya Roy, Samit Bhanja, Ajitesh Bannerjee, Subrata Chatterjee.
- JustShowBiz is committed to publish genuine news, features, live chat sessions with celebs, new write-ups, reviews, synopsis, box office collections and much more related to Bollywood, Television, Web, Regional level movies and Fashion.
- Chithi Upcoming Story, Spoilers, Latest Gossip, Future Story, Latest News and Upcoming Twist, on Justhowbiz.net The episode starts with Saradha assuring Yazhini that she will come the next day morning to jewelry shop to select thali for her. Yazhini asks to call Saradha as 'Maa'. Saradha happily agr.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Producer||M. S. Viswanathan|
Music was composed by M. S. Viswanathan and lyrics were written by Kannadasan and Udumalai Narayana Kavi.
|2||'Kalamithu Kalamithu'||P. Susheela||6:09|
|3||'Ingey Deivam Pathi'||A. L. Raghavan Mothi||4:23|
|5||'Santhipoma Indru' (Sad)||3:06|
|6||'Maarum Kanni Manam'||P. Susheela||1:42|
|7||'Cycle Vandi Mele'||Sirkazhi Govindarajan||Udumalai Narayana Kavi||3:49|
T. M. Ramachandran of Sport and Pastime positively reviewed the film praising Gopalakrishnan's direction and also praising cast and crew members of the film.
- ^Malhotra, Aps (24 May 2012). 'Blast From The Past: Aurat (1967)'. The Hindu. ISSN0971-751X. Retrieved 13 February 2019.
- ^Muthiah, S. (31 December 2001). 'A forgotten author and patriot'. The Hindu. Archived from the original on 28 April 2002. Retrieved 3 May 2019.
- ^Raghavendra, M. K., ed. (2017). Beyond Bollywood: The Cinemas of South India. HarperCollins. p. 43.
- ^'Chithi songs'. Tamiltunes. Retrieved 26 December 2015.
- ^'Chithi (1966)'. Music India Online. Archived from the original on 3 May 2019. Retrieved 3 May 2019.
- ^Ramachandran, T. M. (19 February 1966). 'Padmini Stages Come-Back!'. Sport and Pastime. Vol. 20. p. 42.
- Chitthi at IMDb
- Chitthi on YouTube