Old backups are deleted automatically according to the rules defined in the backup options. Read 'Automatic cleanup rules' section in the user guide: local backups, backups in Acronis Cloud.
The backup menu option 'Delete', that has always existed in the program, removes a backup completely, with all of its versions.
- The newest version of Acronis True Image (provides even greater data protection. Protect everything to recover anything with an exact.
- Backup doesn’t need to be complicated. It should be comprehensive, reliable, easy to use and secure. Buy Acronis True Image 2021. Flexible backups: full.
- Products: Acronis True Image 9.0 - 11.0, 2009 - 2021 Disk Director 12.5 Acronis Revive Welcome to Acronis Community! Log in to follow, share, and participate in this community.
Acronis True Image 2019 for Windows introduced a new option for you to have more control over local backups - 'Clean up versions'. This feature permits deleting just the selected backup versions and their dependencies on demand, without changing automatic cleanup rules and waiting until they are applied.
K task chair. Acronis True Image 2019 review: Fast, comprehensive, and a wee bit overkill for the average user This is the power user's backup program, but it might be a bit much for average consumers.
For more information about cleaning up Cloud backups in Acronis True Image 2021 see Using Cloud Cleanup Wizard
- In the Backup section, click the down arrow icon next to the backup to clean up, click Clean up versions..
- Clean up backup versions window opens
- By default, Acronis True Image selects to delete all version chains, except the last one.
- If you want to delete:
- All backup chains except for the last, then click Delete without modifying the selection.
- Specific backup versions, then clear the check boxes next to the versions that you want to keep, and then click Delete. Note that in this case dependent incremental and differential backup versions are marked for deletion as well.
If some of the backup versions are missing (e.g. .TIB files were deleted, renamed or moved in Windows Explorer), the program will detect it and offer to delete broken records and dependencies.
To learn about deleting backups from Acronis Cloud, check the product documentation here.