What's new in Acronis True Image 2021 126.96.36.199216: Fixed issues: TI-223654 The cleanup wizard doesn't show versions for the cloud replica. TI-223544 Automatic login to the Web Restore doesn't. If you purchased Acronis True Image Home 2011 after using Windows Vista or Windows 7 backup utility, you can recover your system hard drive from those vhd files using Acronis True Image Home 2011. When you need to recover your system using a vhd backup file, proceed as follows. 1.1 What is Acronis® True Image™? Acronis True Image 2020 is an integrated software suite that ensures the security of all of the information on your PC. It can back up your documents, photos, email, and selected partitions, and even the entire disk drive, including operating system, applications, settings, and all of your data.
Acronis backups (.tib files) of disks or partitions can be converted to virtual hard disks (.vhd(x) files). You can run a converted .(x) file as a virtual machine.
A virtual machine is an emulation of an operating system, meaning that you will be able to run a second operating system while you are still working in the main operating system installed on your computer. For example, you have Windows 10, but want to use an old program that cannot work in Windows 10 and only works in Windows 7, but you do not want to keep the old Window 7 just for this one program. In this case, you can create a backup of the old system, convert this backup to a .vhd(x) file, and then create a virtual machine containing your old Windows 7.
To be able to create a virtual machine, your computer should meet these prerequisites: Download xampp php 5.
- you need to set up a special software - Microsoft Hyper-V. Hyper-V is included into/can be installed on:
- Windows 8/8.1 (64-bit) Pro and Enterprise
- Windows 10 (64-bit) Pro and Enterprise
- Your CPU needs to support SLAT technology.
- Virtualization must be enabled in your computer’s BIOS.
How to check whether your system is 32-bit or 64-bit.
How to check whether CPU supports SLAT.
How to enable virtualization in BIOS and turn on Hyper-V.
To create a virtual machine:
- Open Hyper-V Manager: Start -> in Search, type Control Panel and click Control Panel -> Administrative Tools > Hyper-V Manager.
- In the left pane of the Hyper-V Manager, select your machine's name.
- Under Actions, click New and select Virtual Machine.
- In the next step, specify a name for the new virtual machine and its location.
- Choose the type of generation you would prefer to use. If the original operating system is Windows 7 or Windows XP, you need to select Generation 1; otherwise you can select Generation 2. This detailed comparison helps you decide between Generation 1 and Generation 2.
- In the next steps, review memory and network settings. You can adjust them depending on your needs. If you have limited physical RAM installed (2GB or less) clear the Use Dynamic Memory for this virtual machine check box. You can configure network settings later.
- On the Connect Virtual Hard Disk screen, select Use existing virtual hard disk and select the .vhd(x) file which your backup has been converted to.
- On the Summary screen, review the selected configuration. Click Finish.
Now you can use the virtual machine.
You can convert Acronis True Image Home 2010 TIB file to Windows backup VHD file and then mount it in Windows 7 without using Acronis True Image Home 2010
You can boot from the VHD file provided that it has Windows 7 Ultimate/Enterprise and was created on the same machine
List of new features introduced in Acronis True Image Home 2010
Step-by-step instructions on how to convert a backup archive (.tib) to a virtual machine
You can use a special Acronis utility to import a .vhd file to Citrix XenServer
Windows VHD, Acronis Snap Deploy, Acronis True Image, and Acronis Backup & Recovery files are supported
Acronis True Image Vhdx
Deployment from virtual disk Format vhdx fails with error “Failed to Open Image”. To work around this issue use master image creator
You can convert Acronis True Image Home 2010 TIB file to Windows backup VHD file to be able to boot from it
Keep a copy of your backup archive in the virtual machine format ready for instant recovery
To restore your system from Windows 7 Backup, you need to restore the whole disk where the system partition is
Acronis True Image 2021 Vhd
MS Virtual PC cannot boot from a .vhd disk larger than 127 GB