Do the following, if you want to back up individual disk/partitions or files/folders. For example, if you have several disks, but only want to backup partition C: with the operating system, or if you want to back up only a folder with important documents.
Acronis True Image: The most reliable, easy-to-use and secure personal backup software - and the only one that actively protects your files against ransomware. Xampp tutorial pdf. Over 5.5 million customers worldwide trust Acronis to protect data from their Windows, Mac, iOS and Android devices with backups stored locally, in the cloud, or both. Please note that the new technology for disk-level backup is introduced in Acronis True Image and is being improved, so it may currently have the following limitations: TI-169821 Backup conversion to VHD format is not present for the new backup format. With Acronis True Image, creating a full image backup on an external hard drive is as easy as two clicks. Once the drive is connected and Acronis True Image is running, you click Add backup. The entire computer is the default backup source, so you simply need to assign the external drive as the Backup destination and then click Back up now. Acronis True Image User Guides available from Product Documentation page. ImTranslator for quick. And Ditto if I had done all of this with a DISK IMAGE backup of the C drive ie. One original disk image backup and one differential backup when I go to restore the C drive image coupled with the C drive differential backup my restored C drive.
On a Windows computer
- Start Acronis True Image.
- On the sidebar, click Backup.
- Click Add backup to add a new backup:
- You can change default backup name:
- Click backup source icon, and then select the type of items you want to back up: Disks and partitions or Files and folders
from here you can select a specific disk or partition that you want to back up, for example, partition C:
or select files and folders
- Click backup destination icon, and then select a destination for the backup:
- You need Acronis True Image Advanced or Premium to be able to back up to Acronis Cloud.
- Click Options to set the options for the backup, including schedule, scheme, archive cleanup and others:
- Click Back up now or select another start time option:
Once a backup task is set up, you can press Back up now to run the task manually, in case you need to run it outside of schedule.
On a Mac
Acronis True Image Backup Hangs
- Start Acronis True Image.
- On the sidebar, click Backup, then click Add backup if you already have other backups in place
- Click the backup source icon on the left, and then select the type of items you want to back up - Disks or Files and folders:
- In the opened window, select the items that you want to back up, and then click Ok.
- Click the backup destination icon, and then select a destination for backup:
You need Acronis Cloud Storage subscription to be able to back up to Acronis Cloud.
- Click the gear icon to set the options for the backup, including schedule, scheme, archive cleanup and others:
- Click Back up.