Acronis is offering a sync&share solution for free to help customers working from home to easily share files and cooperate on creating materials.
- May 01, 2021 Acronis provides bare metal recovery, a feature that AOMEI lacks. While AOMEI is only compatible with Windows, Acronis works with Windows, Linux, Android, iOS, macOS and web-based platforms. However, AOMEI supports at least three languages including English, Turkish and Dutch whereas Acronis supports only English.
- Acronis True Image HD; Version: 2016: Compatible Products: Vector 150, Vector 180, VT180, and VX500: Supported OS. Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7.
Acronis Personal Security
Q. Who is eligible for this offer?
A The offer to activate Acronis Cyber Files through account.acronis.com was available until June 2020 for both new and existing customers with subscriptions to Acronis True Image Advanced or Premium.
Jitsi meet disable p2p extension. To do this, we need to set useStunTurn: true in p2p settings of Jitsi Meet configurations. Using Turn Server with JVB. By setting useStunTurn: true and setting org.jitsi.videobridge.DISABLETCPHARVESTER=true on JVB (using sip-communicator.properties file), we can turn off the TCP Harvester of JVB and use the Turn Server for TCP connections. With this method, JVB. Jitsi Meet offers very strong protection even if you don’t explicitly turn on e2ee. Here are more details: Jitsi meetings in general operate in 2 ways: peer-to-peer (P2P) or via the Jitsi Videobridge (JVB).
Acronis True Image Personal 2014 provides for recovery from a disaster caused by system data corruption, viruses, malware, or other causes. If the operating system fails to boot, Acronis True Image Personal 2014 will recover the system partition. You can create a rescue media by using the Media Builder tool.
Q.What is included in the offer?
A. Eligible customers will be given a license to and dedicated cloud storage for Acronis Cyber Files. Users are able to use unlimited devices with the same account. The specifics depend on your current Acronis product license:
- Acronis True Image Advanced = Acronis Cyber Files Personal: One user with 10GB of storage for Sync&Share
- Acronis True Image Premium = Acronis Cyber Files Personal: One user with 50GB of storage for Sync&Share
Q. What if I need more storage for Sync&Share?
If you use Acronis True Image Advanced, you can upgrade to Acronis True Image Premium to get 50GB of storage for Acronis Cyber Files Personal. Currently 50GB of storage is maximum available storage for Acronis True Image owners.
Q. When does this special offer expire?
A. The offer ends on May 28, 2020. After this date, customers won’t be able to activate the Acronis Cyber Files. For those who did activate the service, it will continue to work as long as their current Acronis True Image subscription is active.
Q. What if my Acronis True Image subscription expires?
A. Once a subscription has expired, Acronis Cyber Files service will stop working. You can enable the service again as long as the offer banner is visible in your Acronis Account at account.acronis.com.
Q. What regions are supported?
A. All regions except for Russia.
Q. Acronis True Image 2020 already has a sync function. Why do I need this product?
Acronis Cyber Files Personal is a dedicated sync&share solution that allows you to access files from multiple devices, share files securely, and collaborate on shared materials.
Acronis Cyber Files Personal offers the following additional advantages compared to Sync in Acronis True Image:
- Unlimited number of devices in sync
- Separate cloud storage container for sync&share
- Advanced folder sharing
- Document preview and editing with Microsoft 365
Acronis Personal Edition
Note that Acronis True Image on macOS does not have sync function. Acronis Cyber Files Personal can be used on Mac.
Q: What operating systems are supported?
A: Acronis Cyber Files Personal supports the following platforms:
Supported desktop operating systems:
- Windows 7, Windows 8 and 8.1, Windows 10
- Mac OS X 10.8 and higher with Mac compatible with 64-bit software.
Supported operating systems for mobile clients:
- iOS 10 or later.
- Android 4.1 or later (devices with x86 processor architecture are not supported).
- Windows 8.1 or later (Windows RT is not supported).
Q: How to start using Acronis Cyber Files Personal?
A: See Files Sync&Share: getting started
You can find detailed instructions about using Sync&Share product in User Guide.
Q: How can I free up Sync&Share storage?
A: Sync & Share automatically purges old revisions from storage to save space.
Revisions older than 2 months are deleted. System keeps at least 5 revisions of files, regardless of age.
You can also delete files and their revisions manually.
Deleting and Permanently deleting files
- To delete a file, select a file and select Delete. These files remain in the system and can be viewed and interacted with by enabling Show Deleted.
- To permanently delete a file, you must first do a regular Delete and then when you select the deleted file, you will see the Permanently Delete button.
To delete a revision:
- Select the desired file. From the right sidebar select Revisions.
- Click on Delete revisions link.
- Select one or more revisions that you want to delete. You cannot delete the current version.
- Press Delete selected.
Q: How to preview and edit docx, xlsx and pptx files directly in the browser?
A: To be able to edit docx, xlsx and pptx files you need a commercial Microsoft 365 subscripton.
Select the file that you want to edit and click Edit in the menu on the right. Login with your Microsoft 365 account when prompted. Once logged in, you can edit the files.