Depending on whether you have purchased your Acronis product online, bought in a retail store, or have already registered your serial number, this article describes where to find it.
- Select your SSD below to download the Acronis software. If registering multiple Portable SSDs with Acronis registration codes, please contact PNY technical support.
- Contact and Inquiry Career Investor Relations.
In the product
Hello, fellow redditors, current and new r/Acronis readers. Today is the time for a new post listing all OEM editions of Acronis True Image software. Apacer note: installation media supported with the drive.
If you have Acronis True Image 2021/2020/2019/2018/2017/2016 already installed in Windows, you can view the serial number on the Account page.
If you have Acronis True Image 2021/2020/2019/2018/2017/2016 installed on Mac, you can view the serial number under Acronis True Image -> Change Serial Number.
If you have Acronis True Image 2015 already installed, you can view the serial number on the License page.
Coding shortcuts in eclipse. If you have Acronis True Image 2014 already installed, you can view the serial number on the About page along with the build number.
- Open the web console.
- Navigate to Settings -> Licenses.
- Click the resource to view licenses and the devices they are tied to. Only available for perpetual licenses.
You can view the serial number in Help -> About . Management Console should be connected to Agent in order to see the serial number for this Agent.
If you have Acronis Mobility Product installed, follow these instructions.
If you have an OEM version of an Acronis product (e.g. preinstalled on your hard disk, notebook etc), please contact your OEM vendor for a serial key. See also Upgrading from Acronis True Image OEM versions to Acronis True Image
In the account
We always recommend registering your serial number at the Acronis website, so that it will not be lost.
Here is how you can view your registered licenses in your Acronis account:
- Log in to your Account.
- In Products, locate the product you want to find the serial number for.
- Click the resource covered by the license:
- Serial number is displayed:
- You can select and copy it, paste it into the product to activate the license.
If you purchased the product in Acronis Online Store, you can also retrieve your serial number using Serial Number Auto-Recovery Tool.
In the invoice
If you purchased multiple licenses for Enterprise products, only the first license key will be in the .pdf license certificate. The remaining licenses should be in a separate .txt file.
If you purchased your Acronis product online, then you should have received your serial number in an automatic E-mail that was sent to the E-mail address that you provided at the time of the purchase.
(!) You can find your product serial number for online purchased Acronis products in your account at My Orders. See Acronis Account: My Orders.
(!) The automatic E-mail comes from CleverBridge (cleverbridge.com) or DigitalRiver(https://www.digitalriver.com/), which are the official payment service providers for Acronis. If you cannot find the E-mail, please make sure it is not in your spam or junk folder. If the E-mail has been deleted, please contact Acronis Customer Central as described under More information.
If you purchased your Acronis product offline at a retail store, then the location of the serial number depends on the package:
- Boxed product, that consists of the CD, White CD Sleeve, Quick Start Guide. - The serial number sticker is affixed to the back of White CD Sleeve;
- DVD Amaray Case, that consists of the CD and Quick Start Guide. - The serial number sticker is affixed inside the DVD case on right hand side. Directly above where the CD is held in place.
If you still cannot find the serial number, please contact Acronis Customer Central as described under More information. Please be aware that you may need to purchase Service Handling Fee if a serial number can not be retrieved from Acronis database: Service Handling Fee.
Ask Acronis Customer Central for assistance
If you still cannot find your serial number, then please contact Acronis Customer Central with reference to this article. Please include all possible information that you may have about your purchase:
- Order ID;
- Scanned copy of the receipt or invoice.
- If you have a 16-digit activation key of an Acronis Business Product instead of the full one, please see Activating a Boxed Version of an Acronis Business Product.
To use Acronis True Image on a Windows computer or a Mac, you need to activate it via the Internet. Without activation the fully functional product works for 30 days. If you do not activate it during that period, all the program functions become unavailable except the recovery.
You can activate Acronis True Image either on your computer or from another computer, if your computer is not connected to the Internet.
Provide serial number
After installation, Acronis True Image will ask you to provide a serial number:
If you have an upgrade serial number, Acronis True Image will prompt you to enter serial number for earlier version of the product in the second field:
Online activation method
If your computer is connected to the Internet, the product will be activated automatically when you sign in to your Acronis account.
- Acronis True Image Subscriptions are registered in the account automatically upon purchase. The account used for registration is tied to the email specified during purchase. Sign in to your account in Acronis True Image interface and the product will be activated automatically.
- Acronis True Image 1-Time Purchase Licenses (perpetual licenses) can be registered in the account or in the product interface, as described below.
If your serial number is not registered yet, you will be prompted to enter the serial number manually. Click Enter serial number, type in or paste the serial number, and click Activate.
Offline activation method
If the license cannot be activated online for any reason, follow instructions below to activate the license using the offline method:
- Click on the Account tab on the left side bar, then click the small arrow icon next to Resolve activation problem to open a drop-down menu, and select Activate offline:
- The program will generate an installation code. It uniquely identifies the computer where Acronis True Image is installed and what license key was specified. It is not the same thing as the license/serial number, however. Save your installation code to a file by clicking the Save to file button, and specify a removable media as the file location (for example, a USB flash drive). You can also write down this code on a piece of paper.
- Navigate to http://www.acronis.com/activation/ on a computer that has Internet connection. Click Load from file and select the file, saved in the previous step (or type in the installation code if you chose to write it down)
- The Installation code field will be populated with the value from the file. Click Get activation code to proceed:
- You will be shown the activation code (not to be confused with serial number or installation code). Click Save to file and save it to a removable disk.
You can also copy the activation code to the clipboard and save it anywhere else, or write it down on a paper.
- Back on the computer with Acronis True Image awaiting activation, click the Load from file button and select the file with the activation code from the previous step. You can also type the activation code manually into the box from the piece of paper.
- Click Activate to verify the activation code:
- The message The product has been successfully activated is displayed, indicating the procedure is completed successfully:
Upgrade from an earlier paid version
If you purchased an upgrade version of Acronis True Image 2020, after you specify the license key for the upgrade version, the product will prompt you to enter another serial number. In the second field please enter a serial number for an earlier version of Acronis True Image. After providing both keys, follow the usual online or offline activation procedure.
Acronis Oem Partner Portal
If an earlier version of Acronis product is already installed in your system, installation assistant will recognize serial number from the earlier version automatically and will not prompt you to enter a second serial number.
Upgrade from a free OEM version
If you have bought an upgrade from a free OEM version of Acronis True Image, you need to install Acronis True Image 2020 on top of the free version. Otherwise you will be prompted to enter the serial number for the earlier/older version to activate the upgrade. Learn more at https://kb.acronis.com/content/1836
If you experience a problem with activating your Acronis True Image, check these articles: