- Jitsi Meet is a fully encrypted, 100% open source video conferencing solution that you can use all day, every day, for free — with no account needed. What else can you do with Jitsi Meet? Share your desktop, presentations, and more Invite users to a conference via a simple, custom URL.
- Jitsi Meet is a free, open-source, video call app that doesn't require you to create an account to use it. The privacy conscious folks at the Tor Project recently recommended Jitsi Meet as a.
- Jitsi on mobile – download our apps and start a meeting from anywhere. Hello, Slack fans! Very pleased to meet you! There's no need to create an account. Connect your calendar to view all your meetings in Jitsi Meet. Plus, add Jitsi meetings to your calendar and start them with one click. Connect your calendar. Jitsi as a Service.
Jitsi meet is one such secure, technologically advanced, flexible and completely free open source video conferencing solution. Jitsi Meet is a fully encrypted and you can use all day, every day, for free. With a very few options left out there, let your company’s video conferencing platform stand out. Let’s see what you can do with Jitsi Meet. Jitsi Meet (also referred to as meet.jit.si) is a free and open source video conference service maintained by parent company 8x8. Jitsi Meet users don’t need to create an account to join a call. To join a call, all you need is the meeting link, which you can open in a browser window on your computer, or through Jitsi’s mobile app.
Aws architecture pictures. In this section a global overview of the Jitsi infrastructure is provided. If you just started contributing to the project, we highly recommend reading this section thoroughly.
Jitsi comprises a collection of projects:
- Jitsi Videobridge (JVB) - WebRTC compatible server designed to route video streams amongst participants in a conference.
- Jitsi Conference Focus (jicofo) - server-side focus component used in Jitsi Meet conferences that manages media sessions and acts as load balancer between each of the participants and the videobridge.
- Jitsi Gateway to SIP (jigasi) - server-side application that allows regular SIP clients to join Jitsi Meet conferences
- Jitsi Broadcasting Infrastructure (jibri) - set of tools for recording and/or streaming a Jitsi Meet conference that works by launching a Chrome instance rendered in a virtual framebuffer and capturing and encoding the output with ffmpeg.
External Software used by Jitsi:
- Prosody - XMPP server used for signalling
The individual connections between the previously described components, as well as their external integrations are described in the figure below.
The external connections can be categorized into two main groups. Firstly, the connections between clients that request a video or audio connection performed through remote requests and data streams. The second category of external connections is those to external services that help store recordings, stream recordings, stream videos or help with creating meetings.
In this section we will look at the main parts of the codebase and see what they can be used for.
./react/featuresThis folder is where it is best to start writing your code, as it contains most of the app components that are used in the apps on Android and iOS, as well as on the web version. This source folder is split up into all the different features that Jitsi has to offer, such as authentication, chat interaction, keyboard shortcuts, screenshot capture, remote control and virtual background. Each of these features has its own folder in this map, which is then again split up to keep a hierarchy and consistency throughout the code.
Each feature folder consists of a subfolder called components, in this folder all of the React, or React Native for mobile, components are expressed. Usually in this folder there will be a separation between native and web components, however in some cases the same component could be used for both Android, iOS and web browser, in which case there is no separation made.
As stated before, the codebase mostly consists of React and React Native, which is the React version for mobile applications. Most of the features make use of the so-called class component by React , however some new features start to use the new way to write functional components by using hooks.
The application makes use of React Redux as well, this is used as a general state store to keep track of important parameters that are used throughout the application. More on React Redux can be found here .
Jitsi Meet About
Most features also contain a file called
middleware.js. This file acts as a bridge between the component and the functionality of the rest of the application.
./modules/external-apiIn this folder, the external API can be found. This API can be used in various events like participants joining/leaving the meeting, changes in avatars or chat, as well as errors in using the microphone or camera.
./android and ./iosBoth of these folders contain the basics of the Android and iOS app respectively. However, the code for the application itself and its components can be found in the react/features folder, which will be explained later in this section.
./conference.jsThis file can be found at the root of the project, and contains the foundation of any interaction between a user and a conference room. This consists of setting up a connection to it, joining the meeting room, muting and unmuting, but also functions to gather information about the participants that are in the room.
./langThis folder contains all the different translations that are present in Jitsi Meet. The translations can be found in the code with each of the keys in the translation maps that can be found in
./cssThis folder contains all the css that is used in the project. The files (mostly .scss files) are split up into features like the React features that they are used in.
The main form of testing code changes is done through torture tests, next to this the code is tested manually.
The torture tests are located in a separate repository, Jitsi Meet Torture. The project contains end to end tests for several key functions such as peer to peer and invites. The testing can be done for iOS, Android and web, which are all the platforms that Jitsi Meet can be used on. The testing is done automatically for pull requests by project members, where it is used in combination with the continuous integration by a Jenkins instance running the tests, testing on the meet.jit.si instance. Other members can run the tests locally. The test results can be viewed on an automatically generated web page.
Manual testing is performed while doing code reviews, however there are also testing releases that can be freely downloaded and deployed, or can be used on the beta test server.
All businesses and organizations are now highly dependent on video conferencing platforms to drive n number of employees and teams to get on with their daily tasks and to make ends meet. It is very important to have a reliable platform and a customizable video conferencing platform to host many concurrent meetings. Jitsi meet is one such secure, technologically advanced, flexible and completely free open source video conferencing solution.
Jitsi Desktop App
Jitsi Meet is a fully encrypted and you can use all day, every day, for free. With a very few options left out there, let your company’s video conferencing platform stand out. Let’s see what you can do with Jitsi Meet :
- Share your desktop or share you screen, pitch and present your business.
- Invite participants to a conference through a simple, custom URL.
- You can customize and pick a unique URL for every meeting.
- Use Etherpad to edit documents.
- Exchange messages while you are in a meeting with integrated chat.
Jitsi Meet is also packed with features like:
- HD audio with Opus aiding in high quality sound.
- Encrypted by default, keeping your conversations private.
- Developer friendly which helps you modify and customize to your liking.
With all that said about Jitsi Meet, we at Meetrix help you install, configure, customize and host. Whether you are looking for a small scale conferencing system or a large scale conferencing facility we have suitable plans for you. Below are some of the features we will build for you :
- Custom Domain
- Shared Backend
- Password Protected Rooms
- Unlimited Conferences
- Dedicated Servers
- Authentication Support via JWT
- Recording Server
Reach out to us at [email protected] for further package inquiries and await our new product, Jitsi Launcher that’s coming to you soon. Learn more about Jitsi and how it works, check All about shared and jitsi meet article.