Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), the name for mean solar time of the longitude (0°) of the Royal Greenwich Observatory in England. The meridian at this longitude is called the prime meridian or Greenwich meridian. Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) has been used to clearly designate epoch by avoiding confusing references to local time systems (zones). Currently observing GMT – Greenwich Mean Time. Observes GMT – Greenwich Mean Time part of the year, but not currently. Currently has same time zone offset as GMT (UTC +0) but different time zone name. Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) has no offset from Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). This time zone is in use during standard time in: Europe, Africa, North America, Antarctica.
- GMT to Your Local Time Conversion - TimeBie. Scale: 00:00 00:05 00:10 00:15 00:20 00:25. GMT to Pacific Daylight Time (Local) Conversion Chart ( Reverse the chart below ) 0:00 AM (0:00) GMT =. 5:00 PM (17:00) Previous Day Pacific Daylight. 0:30 AM (0:30) GMT =. 5:30 PM (17:30) Previous Day Pacific Daylight. 1:00 AM (1:00) GMT =.
- GMT is a time zone officially used in some European and African countries. The time can be displayed using both the 24-hour format (0 - 24) or the 12-hour format (1 - 12 am/pm). UTC is not a time zone, but a time standard that is the basis for civil time and time zones worldwide. This means that no country or territory officially uses UTC as a local time.
- This time zone converter lets you visually and very quickly convert GMT to CST and vice-versa. Simply mouse over the colored hour-tiles and glance at the hours selected by the column. GMT stands for Greenwich Mean Time. CST is known as Central Standard Time. CST is 5 hours behind GMT.
Greenwich Mean Time is 4 hours ahead of Eastern Daylight Time
5:00 pm17:00 in GMT is 1:00 pm13:00 in EDT Space saver bags for blankets.
GMT to EST call time
Best time for a conference call or a meeting is between 1pm-6pm in GMT which corresponds to 8am-1pm in EST
5:00 pm17:00 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Offset UTC 0:00 hours
1:00 pm13:00 Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). Offset UTC -4:00 hours
5:00 pm17:00 GMT / 1:00 pm13:00 EDT
Greenwich Mean Time
Offset: GMT is 0 hours ahead Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in Europe
Countries: It is used in following countries: Burkina Faso, Côte d'Ivoire, Britain (UK), Guernsey, Ghana, Greenland, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ireland, Isle of Man, Iceland, Jersey, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, St Helena, Sierra Leone, Senegal, Sao Tome & Principe, Togo
Principal Cities: The largest city in the GMT timezone is London from United Kingdom with population about 7.557 million people. Other major cities in the area are Abidjan, Dakar, Grand Dakar, Accra
Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) originally referred to the mean solar time at the Royal Observatory in Greenwich, London. It is now often used to refer to Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) when this is viewed as a time zone, and in casual use for the most parts it is the same. In military GMT is known as Zulu time.Greenwich Mean Time was the same as Universal Time (UT), until the introduction of UTC in 1972 a standard astronomical concept used in many technical fields.
GMT representations, usage and related time zones
0 Greenwich Mean Time Time ZoneW3C/ISO-8601: International standard covering representation and exchange of dates and time-related data
- Z - is the zone designator for the zero UTC/GMT offset, also known as 'Zulu' time
- +00 - basic short
- +0000 - basic
- +00:00 - extended
- +0000 - sign character (+) followed by a four digit time providing hours (00) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates zero hour and zero minutes time differences of the zero meridian.
- Zulu - Military abbreviation for GMT
- Z - short form of 'Zulu'
0 00 GmtGMT Abbreviation: Several time zones share GMT abbreviation and it could refer to these time zones
- Greenwich Mean Time - UTC +0
- GMT+04:00 - UTC +4
- GMT-05:00 - UTC -5
- GMT - UTC +0
- GMT+13:00 - UTC +13
- GMT-03:00 - UTC -3
- EGST - Eastern Greenland Summer Time
- GMT - Greenwich Mean Time
- WET - Western European Time
- AZOST - Azores Summer Time
- UTC - Universal Time Coordinated
- WT - Western Sahara Standard Time
- Z - Zulu Time Zone
- GMT - GMT
- +00 -
Eastern Standard Time
Offset: EST is 5 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) and is used in North America
Countries: It is used in following countries: Bahamas, Canada, Haiti, Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Mexico, Panama, Turks & Caicos Is, United States
Principal Cities: The largest city in the EST timezone is New York City from USA with population about 8.175 million people. Other major cities in the area are Toronto, Montreal, Brooklyn, Borough of Queens
Daylight Saving: This is a standard timezone, however during summer some places adjust time for one hour forward for daylight saving and observe Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
End: EST ended and clocks were set one hour forward on Sunday, 14 March 2021, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
Start: EST starts and clocks are set one hour back on Sunday, 07 November 2021, at 2:00 (2:00 am) local time.
French: HNE - Heure Normale de l'Est
Spanish: ET - Tiempo del Este, ET - Zona Sureste
EST representations, usage and related time zonesW3C/ISO-8601: International standard covering representation and exchange of dates and time-related data
- -05 - basic short
- -0500 - basic
- -05:00 - extended
- -0500 - sign character (-) followed by a four digit time providing hours (05) and minutes (00) of the offset. Indicates five hour and zero minutes time differences to the west of the zero meridian.
- Romeo - Military abbreviation for EST
- R - short form of 'Romeo'
24 Hour Gmt ClockTime zones with the GMT -5 offset:
- CDT - Central Daylight Time
- EST - Eastern Standard Time
- ET - Eastern Time
- COT - Colombia Time
- CST - Cuba Standard Time
- EASST - Easter Island Summer Time
- ECT - Ecuador Time
- PET - Peru Time
- R - Romeo Time Zone
- GMT - GMT-05:00
- -05 -